Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a new (leftover) 2019 CB500F and would like to tone down the wind a bit. As this is a naked sport-like bike, a big vertical screen such as the Puig 6437 just doesn't look right, in my opinion. I did see a Puig sport screen, but wondered about other options that may be out there.

·
Registered
442 Posts
The shorter version of the Puig 6437 (New Generation Sport) is 8923.
And I believe the Givi A1152 also fits the 2019 models.

French company Ermax make a sport screen, as does Briitsh company Powerbronze. I do not know if they are available easily in the U.S. though.

Probably the best thing to do is look at the site of your preferred retailers and, if they let you filter by bike, see what they offer. Like with Ermax and Powerbronze, they may be made by local companies so not well known otherwise.

Obviously there are also a lot of universal screens too, but those tend to be touring ones because of how they need to mount on the bars.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Congrats! I also got a 2019 CB500F three weeks ago, already visited south-east corner of California, Nevada and Arizona.

I'm looking at getting a Puig 6437 (New Generation Sport) myself. As for the wind screen, the wind buffering, even on a nasty highway like Hwy 40 in the Mojave desert, is Ok to handle with a Cb500F, especially if you have luggage in the back that weights down the bike.

However. I didn't like the wind noise that sneaked into the helmet from the underside, could not get rid of it with any known tricks. So that's the main reason I will get the lower wind screen, mostly to push the wind to my helmet level to avoid the noise. And yes I use -20dB earplugs.

For normal driving, i.e. avoiding these windy long highways in California, the buffeting from the wind is not that bad at all, if I didn't need to use highways (unfortunately) from time to time I could live without a windscreen myself.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The shorter version of the Puig 6437 (New Generation Sport) is 8923.
And I believe the Givi A1152 also fits the 2019 models.

French company Ermax make a sport screen, as does Briitsh company Powerbronze. I do not know if they are available easily in the U.S. though.

Probably the best thing to do is look at the site of your preferred retailers and, if they let you filter by bike, see what they offer. Like with Ermax and Powerbronze, they may be made by local companies so not well known otherwise.

Obviously there are also a lot of universal screens too, but those tend to be touring ones because of how they need to mount on the bars.
Thanks Someone, very helpful info!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congrats! I also got a 2019 CB500F three weeks ago, already visited south-east corner of California, Nevada and Arizona.

I'm looking at getting a Puig 6437 (New Generation Sport) myself. As for the wind screen, the wind buffering, even on a nasty highway like Hwy 40 in the Mojave desert, is Ok to handle with a Cb500F, especially if you have luggage in the back that weights down the bike.

However. I didn't like the wind noise that sneaked into the helmet from the underside, could not get rid of it with any known tricks. So that's the main reason I will get the lower wind screen, mostly to push the wind to my helmet level to avoid the noise. And yes I use -20dB earplugs.

For normal driving, i.e. avoiding these windy long highways in California, the buffeting from the wind is not that bad at all, if I didn't need to use highways (unfortunately) from time to time I could live without a windscreen myself.
Ksandvik- Awesome! I'm your mirror image on the right coast, in lower slower Delaware. Happy riding.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Cool! I will write a follow-up when I install the Puig New generation windshield. But that's in early December as I'm lazy just now. And most of my riding this month is to avoid big highways like the plague.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool! I will write a follow-up when I install the Puig New generation windshield. But that's in early December as I'm lazy just now. And most of my riding this month is to avoid big highways like the plague.
...and I just ordered the GIVI. We'll compare here when both are installed!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts