Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi has anyone found handlebar risers for the 2019 500f?
Thanks

·
Registered
471 Posts
I have a mate just put some on an 2018 model, and to be honest it really needs longer hoses or at least re routing. If you want I can get some info from him.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I installed the "X" bars on mine which increases the height by about 3". I was able to use all the old cables except for the clutch. However they are to the limit.

When I just had the 1" bar risers. none of the cables or brake lines had to be replaced and they all had plenty of room. I did re-route the cables though to allow for more freedom of movement. Mine is a 2016 "F" bike.

Reactions: ADIOS600

·
Registered
66 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
My mate his risers off Amazon. Have a look on the internet with your model details and variations will come up. Alternatively search the forum because this has been covered.👍

see these

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought mine from Germany, up and back, came in 5 days and haven't has to change any cables or hoses on my 2020 yr model; any they are a quality product.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The 2019 model year and newer is significantly different in many ways including the handlebar diameter. The only risers that I can find made specifically for 2019 and newer are those German made ones mentioned above which are hard to obtain in Canada. My dealership is telling me that cable lengths are too short for any riser. The post above by Mark Bagshaw is the only one I can find anywhere on the internet where someone has installed risers on a 2019 or newer model. I would love to see some photos or additional comments about cable lengths from Mark or anyone else that has installed these on 2019 or newer CB500F‘s.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The 2019 model year and newer is significantly different in many ways including the handlebar diameter. The only risers that I can find made specifically for 2019 and newer are those German made ones mentioned above which are hard to obtain in Canada. My dealership is telling me that cable lengths are too short for any riser. The post above by Mark Bagshaw is the only one I can find anywhere on the internet where someone has installed risers on a 2019 or newer model. I would love to see some photos or additional comments about cable lengths from Mark or anyone else that has installed these on 2019 or newer CB500F‘s.
I have a CB 500 F, 2019 and have raised the handlebar 30mm.No new cables.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Here is the link to my install..

Those are really inexpensive! Hitchcock's gets 5x that much for the same things. I paid $16USD for mine from E-bay a year ago and thought that was a bargain, but Amazon gives an even better deal. I had to release the OEM clutch and brake cable brackets to the top triple clamp. Other than that, the risers required no other action to fit them. I'm very pleased with the results.

Ralph

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have ordered mine from sw motech from US using amazon pay --> mail forwarding using shippsy. They are 30 MM. I havent installed them yet, On a fence & wondering If I want to raise it higher. Where did your search lead you too ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have ordered mine from sw motech from US using amazon pay --> mail forwarding using shippsy. They are 30 MM. I havent installed them yet, On a fence & wondering If I want to raise it higher. Where did your search lead you too ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
For people interested in the outcome, here is the picture of the handlebar raised with risers from rox speed fx. The mechanic said he didnt have to replace any cables. He installed heated grips & bar risers. The bike ride feels better. I have driven it much yet. However I hope they make the ride more comfortable.
IMG_6713.jpg
IMG_6712.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Handlebar risers for 2019+ CB500F. I had a really hard time sourcing risers for my 2019 since the handlebar diameter changed from previous years. I purchased these: handlebar risers with offset for Honda CB 500 F (PC 63) 19-, 79,95 € and recently installed them. A few comments: I did not replace any cables. The front brake cable and the clutch cable are a bit tight but still have a bit of flex/wiggle to them when the handlebars are at full turn (finger pointing in photos). I did rearrange the brake cable and throttle cable a bit to provide a tiny bit more slack for the brake cable. I didn’t like that the riser didn’t seat perfectly into the OEM part (see gap in photo). I also didn’t like that the plastic screw caps were slightly smaller than the screw heads. I couldn’t use the OEM caps because the new screw heads are different so they wouldn’t stick. The parts themselves seem to be well built and strong but it was quite pricey to import and ship them from Germany to Canada. Shipping time was pretty quick though, around 2 weeks. I have a sore neck so the more upright riding position is worth it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Can you provide a link? I can’t find them online.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Can you provide a link? I can’t find them online.

Hi,

I ended up installing Rox Speed FX 3R-B17R-15G ( ~38MM) , ordered from Amazon. I got the dealership to install it as I wasn't able to get a clear instructions. I needed to get the heated grips done, so i combined both the jobs together for them. I cannot return the sw motech so I will have to sell them on kijiji.
They fit well though, I do see a bit of gap. it came without plastic caps.

Thanks
Tejas

1 - 20 of 20 Posts