Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I love my 500. I picked mine up my 2017 for 2,700.00 on facebook marketplace. I searched for month's to find a great deal. It only had 1,070 miles. Im not a dealer guy and always buy second hand during the winter time. Persiatance pays off once you make your choice.

I think the 2020 ninja400 is getting an upgrade. Moving from the parallel twin to an inline 4. Estimated MSRP would be about 10k USD.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I think the 2020 ninja400 is getting an upgrade. Moving from the parallel twin to an inline 4. Estimated MSRP would be about 10k USD.
Congrats on the new bike. It sounds like you did good on the price. But I believe the Kawasaki info may be mistaken. The Ninja 400 hasn't been out long enough for Kawasaki to mess with an upgrade. The 2020 definitely is the same parallel twin 399cc. There have been RUMORS of a new Ninja 250 sporting a high revving/output inline 4 250cc engine (maybe a baby Kawasaki H2 pocket rocket).. but it's rumored and if it comes to market, probably not introduced in the US. And yes.. that bike has a rumored MSRP of $10K.. Makes the CBR500s look like a real bargain. :wink:

·
Registered
42 Posts
That's too bad, though 10k for a 250 is pretty insane. You can get a CBR650R for 9300 and I think that's a bit overpriced.

·
Registered
25 Posts
It's supposed to rev to 17.5k from the articles I've read, so it should have a good bit of power (even if only at the top of the range). 10k is probably more than I'd want to pay for one, but if there was some way I could spend a weekend with one I'd love to put some miles down. I typically like small, fast spinning engines better than big displacement.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Kawasaki presented this little 250cc at one of the overseas "industry shows". I agree, it seems improbable it'll be introduced in the US, but looks like a reality in other parts of the world. I'd be amazed if it's MSRP is the rumored $10K US. Unless Kawasaki expects it be as unique as their Ninja H2s... that currently have a MSRP range between $25K -$55K US. But who knows??.. Either way, it's created a lot of chatter. Especially in the US with it's "bigger is better" attitude, small displacement motorcycles are normally an overlooked and limited market.. best suited for "someone else". :nerd:

·
Registered
42 Posts
There definitely seems to be a lot of interest here. I'd probably consider one at 6k USD. Beyond that I think the market will be limited to countries with hateful engine size restrictions.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts