Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I had a low speed unscheduled dismount... Resulted in smashing up the front end a bit. Anyone know how much bodywork I need to remove to get the front right upper cowl off?? (the bit that the windscreen bolts onto)?? I've removed the main mid fairing but can't get to most of the securing bolts... Just want to know if its relatively easy, or of I should give up and bring it in to the dealer. Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hey guys, I had a low speed unscheduled dismount... Resulted in smashing up the front end a bit. Anyone know how much bodywork I need to remove to get the front right upper cowl off?? (the bit that the windscreen bolts onto)?? I've removed the main mid fairing but can't get to most of the securing bolts... Just want to know if its relatively easy, or of I should give up and bring it in to the dealer. Cheers
I can't make that decision for you. But I have a link below for a 2018 CBR500R.. It's a schematic of parts, part numbers, and cost of parts for the Front cowl/windshield. These are OEM part numbers, and will be the same at any vendor you choose. Please note, you'll need to verify the color of the panels... And you may need to order stickers and graphics separately?? This schematic should assist you in whether you want to attempt the repair. It shows where and how many fasteners are there to keep her together. If it's not shown here, Honda didn't originally put it there. These panels are relatively inexpensive. You may want to consider if your local Honda Dealer's help and assistance ordering the correct parts is worth the small premium saved by ordering online. Good Luck in your decision. :nerd:
https://www.motosport.com/motorcycle/oem-parts/honda/2018/cbr500r/upper-cowl

I found a How to Video on the removal of the front cowl for a CBR500R. It's short, and he rambles, but maybe it'll help.
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=2018+cbr500r+windshield+and+front+cowl+removal&&view=detail&mid=5543D225EAA6813AA7D35543D225EAA6813AA7D3&&FORM=VRDGAR&ru=/videos/search?q=2018+cbr500r+windshield+and+front+cowl+removal&qpvt=2018+cbr500r+windshield+and+front+cowl+removal&FORM=VDRE

1 - 2 of 2 Posts