Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I’m pretty new to the group here. I have a 2017 CBR500. I was going pretty hard up Caesars head and low sided my bike. The stater cover was already damaged, so I assume it was laid over at least once before. AnyWho, upon return the bike home I realize that the kickstand has some kind of safety switch on it which won’t allow her to stay on if it’s damaged. I had to keep my foot pressed up against it just to take my bike home. So I put it on a stand, and I’m ordering a whole new unit as the kickstand is also damaged. I decide to replace the stater cover, which seem pretty straightforward, but now the bike won’t show any of my dash info. Very confusing, still lights up, can hear the fuel pump prime, and can see the brights go on and off, but nothing else shows. Also it had some aftermarket mirrors on it, and they had wires running from the mirror to a ground near the triple tree, and to a harness that leads up to the dash. I’m not sure if any of that would have anything to do with it, but any help would be greatly appreciated! I’m just trying to get it running on its own again, preferably before the season is over, I love corner carving in these lower cc bikes. Cheers!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts