Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pics from a recent trip I did with a buddy on his BMW nineT. I picked up the Givi V35 saddlebags from a guy on kijiji who owned an orange Versys. Not a perfect colour match but pretty close!

We spent 4 days in the Kootenay region of BC. I've always heard about some of the amazing roads out there, and they did not disappoint.

This little CB is such a fantastic bike. I rode a VFR 800 for years, and did a bit of long distance touring. This was my first multi-day trip on the CB and I was curious/nervous to know how it would measure up in terms of comfort and fun. I'm a taller guy, six three-ish, but stock setup was just fine for taking me 400-500 km's per day. And as far as the fun factor goes, let's just say I frequently found myself slowing down after particularly twisty sections to let my buddy on his 2x bigger engine (and 3x more expensive :grin:) bike catch up to me. This little orange rocket is a blast to tip into the endless corners these highways presented. And the addition of hard bags makes it a pretty competent tourer.

On the Kootenay Bay ferry.

New Denver

Fuelling up in Kaslo

We didn't take very many photos mid-ride, since we were having too much fun and therefore didn't stop unless it was for fuel or a ferry crossing. But we did make a point of stopping along this incredible section of the 31A between Kaslo and New Denver.

Waiting for the ferry at Farquier.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
That's a long way to go to find a phone booth. I haven't seen one of those in years.
Seriously though, those are great photos! Thanks for sharing, it sounds like an amazing time!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
885 Posts
Very nice. Is that a 170 rear tyre?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
353 Posts
Stuh - Great photos, and what a great ride that is. I liked the policy of motorcycles going to the front of the line and departing the ferry first. And to be near the headwaters of the mighty Columbia River has a way of making one feel humble and in awe of Lewis and Clarke and those who lived there before the beaver trade took over. Bike looks great. Thank you for sharing. Rick

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's a long way to go to find a phone booth. I haven't seen one of those in years.
I was in this area again a couple weeks ago, and that phone booth is now gone. Guess I was lucky to snap a pic with it before it was officially "retired" haha.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice ride, My favourite colour, I'm looking at setting my 2015.up for touring as well, what Givi bracket did you use? Cheers Garry

I have the PLX1152 racks with the additional PLX1152KIT because I didn’t want a trunk rack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts