Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty newb question here, but I'm looking for a phone mount on my bike and there's no room on the handle bars for the mount. I think my only option is a stem mount, but here's a picture, how do I open this cap, and would the ever popular RAM stem mounts be compatible?

·
Registered
190 Posts
You remove the cap easily with the screwdriver or something thin by placing it under the cap and pulling upwards. RAM mounts work with this, check some threads here I am pretty sure there was one where people were explaining how to install it, it is pretty straightforward anyway, if I could do it, anyone can :p

The only problem is that the RAM stem thing is not really compatible with the size of CBR500R stem hole, so it can wiggle a bit but its nothing serious and you can diminish this with some electrical tape.

I've installed the exact same setup few months ago on my 2016 model and I'm super satisfied with it. I have following parts:

RAM CYCLE STEM BASE
SKU RAMI-RAM-B-342

RAM Short Double Socket Arm for 1" Ball Bases (Overall Length: 2.38")
SKU RAMI-B-201U-A

RAM Universal X-Grip® Cell/iPhone Holder with 1" Ball
SKU RAM-HOL-UN7B

And make sure to have that rubber tether as an additional protection for your phone.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have this same setup on order, should be delivered Monday. Installed it previously on a CBR250R and it works great. The X-Grip is more secure than I thought it would be. The stem mount will rotate by hand, but seems to be in no danger of coming out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts