Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't find a "classified" section that was set up to sell my bike. Each one seems to exclude the CB500F! If it needs to be moved, please let me know.

My CB500F is for sale. I purchased it new at Greenville Honda in Greenville SC.

It is in PERFECT condition. It has never been dropped, of damaged in any way. Zero mechanical or operational issues. It has NEVER even been in the rain!

Slightly less than 10,000 miles.
Has higher CB500X handlebars and all lengthened control cables/hoses.
Also has the 16T front sprocket installed.
I put on a decent windshield, but could be removed if you don't like it. No holes were drilled - it can easily be put back to stock.
I also replaced pillion seat (I never ride 2 up) with a small basket, but again can be returned to stock easily.
It is in like new condition! Red & Black.
I run synthetic oil. I changed oil & filter at 300 miles, then at 1,000 miles then at 5,000 miles, and just gave it it's 10,000 mile oil change (I change at 5,000 mile intervals). Always a new filter!
I am a believer in Lucas products so it has had Lucas gasoline additive in from day 1. Keeps the fuel system spotlessly clean (known from my earlier experiences with my BMW's.)
This gets between 70 and 75 Miles per gallon.
This bike has never been treated harshly, NO hot rodding or anything but normal easy riding.

Price: $3,950.00

This is the BEST out-of-the-box motorcycle I have ever owned! I am now, 72, and decided to "hang it up.' It's time for me to stop - have been riding since I was 14 years old!
1534538690329.jpg

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well-maintained bike!
I guarantee, this is LIKE NEW. And better than maintenance by Honda dealer! I am obsessive about mechanical maintenance!

·
Registered
484 Posts
Wow Pied I am sort of shocked! I figured you would hang in here forever. It is probably good to know when to give it up, but maybe we should place bets on when you will relapse. I am 70 & have been riding since I was 9. Took a hiatus some years ago & the 2016 500F is what brought me back into the fold. I have ridden & maintained my Honda much like you although mine has over twice your mileage. No doubt some lucky person will score your bike. Best of luck trying to kick the moto addiction. Maybe if you lived someplace where you could ride 12 months of the year........All the best & carry on.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow Pied I am sort of shocked! I figured you would hang in here forever. It is probably good to know when to give it up, but maybe we should place bets on when you will relapse. I am 70 & have been riding since I was 9. Took a hiatus some years ago & the 2016 500F is what brought me back into the fold. I have ridden & maintained my Honda much like you although mine has over twice your mileage. No doubt some lucky person will score your bike. Best of luck trying to kick the moto addiction. Maybe if you lived someplace where you could ride 12 months of the year........All the best & carry on.
Believe me, it's NOT the bike. I love this bike!

I had a work friend get killed about 6 months ago on his bike. He didn't however wear any safety stuff, and he rode very carelessly. It was his own fault. But....it makes one think!

Then, about 2 months ago, another friend was hit by a pickup truck. Also probably his onw fault.

But the real reason is that the "fire in the belly" is pretty much gone for me. I literally have ridden hundreds of thousands of miles, and with very few issues. Perhaps it is best that I "hang it up."

However, if I don't sell it, I will keep on riding. I just love to ride those back roads into the hills of North Carolina and the Blue Ridge Pkwy.

Jim

·
Registered
484 Posts
I totally understand. Sometimes following your intuition is the best course. Years ago while riding across the Golden Gate bridge, boxed in during rush hour in a HUGE crosswind, I had the epiphany that, “It is only a matter of time before I end up as road-kill.” Fortunately that has not come to pass, but every time I ride my only goal is to return home intact. So far so good, however past returns are no guarantee of future outcomes. When motorcyclists you know begin to drop off the planet it does give cause for pause. Again, best of luck going forward.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts