Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

If I wanted to make the cbr500r seat position a little sportier, without buying another clip on set,would it be possible to just remove the existing clip ons, the triple tree clamp, and then put one below the other? Any issues that may arise from this? Isn’t this what they did on the 2019 version anyway? Thank you!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Well if you try that you will have to find a way of a fixed locator pin or similar to keep the clip ons in a fixed position. You cannot rely on the clamp alone. Next would be fouling in full lock on any objects (mot fail). Cable routing would have to be addressed, I think it's a big ask to carry out that mod. Just bend your elbows and tuck in behind the screen, plus buy some adjustable foot pegs, far easier. Good luck with it. PS an old git says don't forget safety is paramount.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well if you try that you will have to find a way of a fixed locator pin or similar to keep the clip ons in a fixed position. You cannot rely on the clamp alone. Next would be fouling in full lock on any objects (mot fail). Cable routing would have to be addressed, I think it's a big ask to carry out that mod. Just bend your elbows and tuck in behind the screen, plus buy some adjustable foot pegs, far easier. Good luck with it. PS an old git says don't forget safety is paramount.
Thanks ADIOS, I appreciate it. I had a feeling it was a tall ask, I just am used to riding in a more aggressive/tucked position that I wanted it to carry over to this bike/my commuter. I guess I should embrace having good posture and enjoy the breeze that comes with sitting more upright. The cable routing is something I overlooked, and I don’t think it’s worth the effort.

Not to mention, less time spent wrenching and figuring it out == more time actually riding the dang thing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I saw a video posted on YouTube a while ago...new owner of a used 500r, and allegedly the previous owner had done this exact modification to it. At least I think that's what the story was. I probably saw the video about a year ago, and I'm looking for it now. I'll reply here If I find it.

EDIT: Here's the video (I didn't remember the story very well lol).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts