Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently bought a 2014 CBR55R with only 2K miles on it......have a Brammo electric Enertia that quit on me so this is it's replacement......have a few issues I wonder if anyone else does.....the throttle is not smooth at all!......Let off and it lurches,same with giving it the gas(this is at slower speeds)....any way to make it a smooth transition.?....also,I'm
over 6'/longer legs,so it seems really uncomfortable where the pegs are....any ways to change the positions.???

·
Registered
69 Posts
The bike's throttle responds instantly to changes in wrist position. Many of us wish it was slower/smoother. I have a 2014 CB500F.

For me adjusting the throttle slack to the absolute minimum 1/16" (1.5mm) improved the situation. Also if you have excessive chain slack, that will increase lurching.

Slipping the clutch in first gear (and maybe second) is part of the solution.

Another issue could be very old gas in the tank from the previous owner causing poor running.

Reactions: Brian McCoy

·
Super Moderator
1,226 Posts
You might also want to consider a G2 Ergo Throttle Tamer. Basically it has a bigger radius in the first x% of throttle opening, so it's not so sensitive with slight changes at the start.
I have one fitted and definitely feel more controlled with my inputs.

After that and the other recommendations made, next step would be installing a fuel controller to adjust maps. As the closed loop area targets 14.7:1 AFR whereas open loop is quite a bit richer.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Recently bought a 2014 CBR55R with only 2K miles on it......have a Brammo electric Enertia that quit on me so this is it's replacement......have a few issues I wonder if anyone else does.....the throttle is not smooth at all!......Let off and it lurches,same with giving it the gas(this is at slower speeds)....any way to make it a smooth transition.?....also,I'm
over 6'/longer legs,so it seems really uncomfortable where the pegs are....any ways to change the positions.???
Simply solution, easy with the twist of the wrist and friction zone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts