Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Senior Knee Dragger
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

With the introduction of the all-new CBR500R, Honda boldly redefines the middleweight class and infuses a whole new level of excitement for sport riders in search of superior value along with great fun. The CBR500R delivers plenty of performance to all sport riders, including riders moving up from the sporting, entry-level Honda CBR250R, as well as more experienced riders who will appreciate the CBR500R’s light and nimble handling. Credit its thoroughly modern, torquey 500cc parallel-twin DOHC engine that’s wrapped in a great-handling chassis featuring a full fairing spawned from Honda’s much-acclaimed CBR600RR and CBR1000RR sportbikes. This aerodynamic bodywork also provides significant advantages in air management for added rider comfort, along with a low drag coefficient and effective engine cooling. A sophisticated chassis with Pro-Link® single-shock rear suspension, stout 41mm fork, sporting 17-inch wheels and a 320mm wave-style front disc brake and 240mm rear disc help round out a package that looks as good as it rolls.

2013 Honda CBR500R Release Date - April 2013.

And for those that like to modify their bikes…
A track prepped race ready CBR500R (more details on this later)

Features and Benefits
- Sportbike riding position keeps the rider balanced in a dynamic seating stance that’s comfortable and efficient.
- All-new 500cc liquid-cooled parallel-twin DOHC engine is thoroughly modern in design and produces a broad power spread for enjoyable and economical riding.
- Four-valve cylinder head design uses lightweight rocker-arm valve actuation with shim-type valve adjustment.
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) continuously monitors several variables to ensure the correct fuel mixture is delivered for the existing riding and atmospheric conditions for crisp throttle response throughout a wide variety of riding conditions.
- Engine counterbalancer and 180-degree crankpin reduce engine vibration for superior rider comfort.
- Preloaded, scissors-type gears for the primary drive and engine counterbalancer gears help reduce engine noise.
- Diamond-shaped 35mm steel tube frame is lightweight and rigid for responsive sport handling.
- Stout 41mm front fork with 4.3 inches of travel returns a plush yet controlled ride.
- Sophisticated Pro-Link single-shock rear suspension offers nine-stage spring preload adjustability and 4.7 inches of controlled travel.
- Lightweight cast aluminum wheels, 120/70-17 in front and 160/60-17 rear, return sporting feel and handling traits.
- Front 320mm wave-style disc brake and 240mm rear provide strong stopping power.
- ABS version available for enhanced braking characteristics in less than ideal conditions.
- Instrument display features speedometer, tachometer, odometer/A&B tripmeters, fuel gauge, clock, mpg, average fuel consumption, and current fuel consumption.
- Modest 30.9-inch seat height helps build rider confidence.
- Standard model available in Black, Pearl White/Blue/Red or Red. ABS model available in Red only.
- Transferable one-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
Honda Genuine Accessories
- Sport Screen, Color-Matched Passenger Seat Cowl, Carbon Fiber-Look Front Fender, Carbon Fiber-Look Lower Headlight Cover, Carbon Fiber-Look Rear Tire Hugger, Carbon Fiber-Look Tank Pad

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
The engine is really a 471 cc twin. While Honda can call it a 500, the specs should list it as 471 cc.

·
Senior Knee Dragger
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tend to notice not just Honda but a lot of auto makers round up the displacement. but usually they are not far off like 1797cc they would round up to say 1.8l in their specs.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey guys,

Just wanted to say thank to the OP for throwing up a post from my Blog that I do here at Honda of Chattanooga. I know details are very very slim right now on the new CBR500R / CB500F / CB500X but I will keep everyone posted with the details as soon as we recieve them if you'd like. Between our Blog and YouTube page i'm trying to keep enough info help hold people over until we get the new 500's here in the states.

Hope everyone doesn't take this as advertising and if so just let me know and you or I can delete my post etc. I mainly just wanted to say thanks.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hey guys,

Just wanted to say thank to the OP for throwing up a post from my Blog that I do here at Honda of Chattanooga. I know details are very very slim right now on the new CBR500R / CB500F / CB500X but I will keep everyone posted with the details as soon as we recieve them if you'd like. Between our Blog and YouTube page i'm trying to keep enough info help hold people over until we get the new 500's here in the states.

Hope everyone doesn't take this as advertising and if so just let me know and you or I can delete my post etc. I mainly just wanted to say thanks.
thanks for joining the forum and being willing to keep us posted on the details of the CBR500 series of bikes.

I doubt the admin team will have an issue with what your doing, I know a lot us members will appreciate the info.

PLEASE do keep us posted. What I think will work out well is if you post things in full here rather than a link :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
I dont see any sales pitches so it shouldnt be a problem. No problem with being a forum member though right. Thanks for taking time to sign up. Hope you can keep us updated with more info on the CBR500, the more the merrier!

·
Registered
9 Posts
thanks for joining the forum and being willing to keep us posted on the details of the CBR500 series of bikes.

I doubt the admin team will have an issue with what your doing, I know a lot us members will appreciate the info.

PLEASE do keep us posted. What I think will work out well is if you post things in full here rather than a link :)
I dont see any sales pitches so it shouldnt be a problem. No problem with being a forum member though right. Thanks for taking time to sign up. Hope you can keep us updated with more info on the CBR500, the more the merrier!

Thanks guys, appreciate it...

·
Registered
9 Posts
We're a little bit closer to finally getting the 2013 CBR500R and 2013 CB500F released from Honda and in stock at most larger powerhouse Honda dealers. The smaller dealers will get them a little bit later.

The scheduled release date right now on the CBR500R & CB500F is scheduled for 4/12/2013. Honda can change the date at anytime, knock on wood they don't though.

The release date on the CB500X has been pushed back to July.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Find the appropriate forum for you topic and look for the "thread starter". It will appear in a gray bar.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts