Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Senior Knee Dragger
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Watch as this 2013 Honda CBR500R go through this windy road with no problem at all.

·
Registered
23 Posts
He's got a headlight out! I was expecting this CBR500R to be going much faster but at least he kept it safe. Love how the CBR500R sounds at low RPM's, but need to hear it at wide open throttle :)

·
Senior Knee Dragger
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He's got a headlight out! I was expecting this CBR500R to be going much faster but at least he kept it safe. Love how the CBR500R sounds at low RPM's, but need to hear it at wide open throttle :)
Hey stunt101 how long have you been riding? just curious?

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Judging by the snow on the ground the roads may have been slippery. Looks like the rider was riding cautiously and may be a wee bit chilly :0

Reactions: Scisorro

·
Registered
40 Posts
Is the weird sound in the background some sort of road/wind noise? or is it the actual sound of the bike? Because if it is boy does that need some fixing.

·
Senior Knee Dragger
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I dont think the noise is from the CBR500, it sounds like more of a wind noise that hitting the microphone on the camera.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Judging by the snow on the ground the roads may have been slippery. Looks like the rider was riding cautiously and may be a wee bit chilly :0
Smooth throttle control and positioning before the turn is better than ABS during those wet conditions. Of course you develop this kind of knowledge over time and pick it up. Proper suspension tuning helps you get more contact patch too.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
@Scisorro.....I agree, which is why I wld not expect the rider to be riding like a bat out of ****, break neck speed lol. Judging by the weather on the vid I assumed the rider was exercising caution re: road conditions.....black ice etc. Poor guy looked a tad chilly. Brrrrrr

Also agree to not rely on ABS. It's a tool, not a get out of "holy sh!te" moment card.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts