• Rear Hugger
  • Tank Pad
  • Rear Carrier Base
  • Mount for trunk/saddlebags

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Where's the centerstand?????

I don't intend to buy an X just to be able to get a centerstand, but, they do make chain maintenance _so_ much easier.

·
Registered
33 Posts

I don't intend to buy an X just to be able to get a centerstand, but, they do make chain maintenance _so_ much easier.
I'm new to bikes so please don't mind any misunderstanding I may have but....

I never understood what honda did here, the centerstand is something I think should be "universal" for all 3 bikes and not just the one.

Unless their might be some way to adapt the CBR500X centerstand on CBR500F bikes.

OR

maybe we'll have to settle for a specific CBR500 aftermarket centerstand or universal if one becomes available.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Is there a site yet

Has anyone found a site for this bike's accessories yet? I pick mine up on Tuesday and want a windshield :) :)

·
Registered
565 Posts

...and oil changes.. !

·
Registered
157 Posts
I just like the stability of the centre stand for idiots that bump bikes while they are parked .. it's harder to knock over a bike on a centre stand ... ya now?

If there is an easy way and reasonably priced way to get someone to mod my bike .. I might just add a centre stand on my F

Reactions: ronster

·
Registered
565 Posts
Well if the X has it as an option then I can't really see why the F can't have it too (unless it's a height / ground clearance issue) but totally agree a centre stand is a lot safer and better for parking. In the City here they squeeze bikes (mopeds usually) in any gap they fine and don't give a dam...

·
Registered
505 Posts
Center stand

If you look at the lower covers on all three bikes you will see that the right exhaust shield is the same on all three bikes. The left sides are the same from the side stand pivot point back. Unless Honda welds a special bracket on the x for a center stand they all should be the same. Won't know until the x becomes available and we can see where the center stand mounts.

r and f owners can look under their bikes and see if there are mounting holes/points for a stand.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Spoke to my dealer and he said the centre stand is available as an option for the 'F'. Reckons it will cost £150 (installed) - not sure what the overseas pricing would be but guess it can't be too far off.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Spoke to my dealer and he said the centre stand is available as an option for the 'F'. Reckons it will cost £150 (installed) - not sure what the overseas pricing would be but guess it can't be too far off.
US pricing is $149, discounted online to $126.71. The chain cover is the same part # for the R & F. So the R hugger should fit all the bikes. Also, I'm seeing interchangable parts with the NC700x (for the 500x)!

Honda is saving money by reusing parts and making it easier to add farkles to your bike!:D

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Thanks. I have a direct link to that company in the brake and clutch lever thread, but I'll dig up some other ebay links for diff models and countries and post them in the brake and clutch levers thread.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I want those saddle bags & stay !!!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts