Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Following the owner's manual will mean lots of profit for the dealer; oil changes, etc., require special tools or knowledge {if I'm reading the maintenance portion correctly}.

;-)

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Following the owner's manual will mean lots of profit for the dealer; oil changes, etc., require special tools or knowledge {if I'm reading the maintenance portion correctly}.

;-)
I notices that as well when I was reading through it.

·
Senior Knee Dragger
286 Posts
This is another way for Honda to benifit and generate sales of their own products and materials. Its a big business. For the most part you can usually replace the oils and etc with your preferred.

·
Registered
33 Posts
by the way, the link is not working now.
could you please re link it again?
Thanks.
the link works perfectly fine for me. if you're trying to download the cbr500r owners manual you will have to click on the link to open the PDF, then save it from the "File" drop down menu.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Does anyone have the 2014 CBR500R manual? I bought a 2014 model but the manual appears to be for the 2013 model (published 2012, and has the 2013 styling of the tri-colour on the cover)

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Does anyone have the 2014 CBR500R manual? I bought a 2014 model but the manual appears to be for the 2013 model (published 2012, and has the 2013 styling of the tri-colour on the cover)
Look at the maintenance schedule. If it shows a valve clearance check at 16k miles, it's a 2014 manual. If it shows valve clearance checks at 600/16k/32k miles, it's a 2013.

If it is a 2013 manual, I think a call to the dealer is in order, and he should make it right.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Is there a X manual?

I'm interested in the maximum weight figures. Can you load more stuff onto the X?

Does it have a sturdier subframe than the R model?

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Thanks for that! I didn't expect the subframe would be any different.

Maximum luggage weight is 11kg or 24lb - I wonder how much the three empty boxes plus the brackets weigh...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts