Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
641 - 658 of 658 Posts
I ordered a Delkavic 200mm exhaust and fitted it today. It sounds great, looks great and I'm impressed with the quality. For ÂŁ129 in the UK it's a bargain.
I was debating going with that muffler but I had heard reports of it causing backfiring due to there being almost no back pressure. I liked the look of the longer version but it was a bit more than I was willing to spend. I went with a blue Musarri because I was wanting to add a bit of color to my bike and I heard great reviews on them. Should have it in a couple of weeks.

Delkevic

I ordered a Delkavic 200mm exhaust and fitted it today. It sounds great, looks great and I'm impressed with the quality. For ÂŁ129 in the UK it's a bargain.
Yes. Delkevic for value, quality and performance. Sounds like an ad but I have had mine for 3 months and it really performs.

I just put on my Coffman today on my R.

I have to say, it's pretty great. Gives the bike a great clean look, saves nearly 10 pounds, and sounds good as well.

My only problem is, without the silencer it's way too loud between 1k-5k rpms. Literally ear piercing even with a helmet on. However, when the silencer is in, it seems a little too quiet and raspy. Also, with the silencer out, the bike seems to pull much slower than normal. Silencer in, it pulls about how hard it does stock.

Just wanted to throw this mini review out there. I'd do videos, but there's more than enough out there and nothing will sound anything like it does in person through speakers.

Hey there. I'm a new owner and this is my first motorcycle. So I apologize if this is a stupid question. I'm interested in purchasing a slip-on exhaust for my 500R. The one I have my eye on is designed for a CBR400R. I am concerned that it is not compatible. From my understanding the 400R and the 500R are the same bike aside from the engine displacement. Please correct me if I am wrong.

The product is here:
OVER : TT-formula Full Titanium Slip-On Muffler [17-10-01]

I've reached out to Over Racing and they informed me that they were unable to test it with the 500R because it is not in their market.

If it does fit is there a possibility of damaging the bike? Thanks so much.

Hi guys! I'm getting my white-red-blue coloured 2013 CBR500R with just 3700km driven tomorrow and I have a month to prepare it until I get my license in a month.
I'm seriously thinking about getting slip-on, because I honestly hate the stock muffler. Too shiny and big. And the sound could be louder since I've used Leovince wihtout DB-killer on my current CBR125R.

My current options are GPR THUNDER DEEPTONE CARBONOX (or stainless, not sure about the look) https://www.gpr-motorcycle-exhausts...a-cbr500r-exhaust---thunder-deeptone-carbonox
https://youtu.be/hZ6ffhwhYdk?t=5m55s

Or the SC-Project Oval exhaust
SC-Project Shop Honda - CBR 500 R - OVAL SILENCER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvBzi4FfqRk

I really like the sound of SC-Project and looks also but I like the non-usual style of the GPR one also but i'm concered about the sound of it.

Because I didn't find a good video clip of the GPR exhaust (the one linked above doesn't judge in my opinion) I was curious if someone here knows how loud it is in real world and how it compares to others.

Thank you in advance.

@Guuggel

I have a Coffman Exhaust Tip currently installed. Just purchase a Yoshimura R-77 full system and Power Commander V. Going to install and bring to the local Dyno to see how much performance it adds.

I have had my CB500f for about two months now and want a little more on the low end so I went with the Yoshi (hope that helps).

Otherwise, I would look at Coffman. They look great since it's a shorty and the sound is phenomenal.

Attachments

This is my cbr500r with the Coffman an I gotta say much louder than the stock exhaust and I love the small exhaust makes the bike look much better than that ugly stock exhaust. A guy I work with said when I passed him with the stock exhaust it sounded electric and like a scooter lol I didn't like that to much so I changed that right away. In my opinion it does sound a tad like a 4wheeler but I'm okay with that because now people can actually here me coming up behind them.

Quick question has anyone had any dealer issue with after market exhaust when going in for warranty work or recalls? I'm taking mine in for fuel gage arm and also look at why the coolant tank is full all blue so can't check level but straw shows coolant in there up to top only 7,000 miles and haven't added any thing other then three oil changes. Oh I have a bikers choice baffle inserted into header pipe after taking off muffler and a car turn down chrome tip for exhaust now.

641 - 658 of 658 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.