Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
621 - 640 of 658 Posts
Yeah I'm super picky, but I figure if I'm going to spend $400+ on a gussied up metal tube that's for vanity purposes only, it's right to be picky about it. Most of the non-shorty exhausts sound so similar that the choice mostly comes down to looks anyway and exhausts that follow the tail line of the bike look better.

I personally don't like how that one looks. Same with the Two Brothers.

For your popo problem Revzilla just listed an "EPA approved" version of the Yoshimura, says it complies with noise laws. Look exactly the same as the normal R77, but maybe there's a bit more internal baffling.

Yoshimura R77 EPA Approved Slip-On Exhaust Honda CBR500R / CB500F / CB500X 2013-2014 - RevZilla
Yeah I agree it's sort of a big decision for me as well and oh nice an epa approved yoshi! That may be my pipe of choice! Thanks man :D

And if your around where I am don't get pulled over with an overly loud pipe, lesson learnt there :p

For those who are still in the market for a new exhaust slip on, I made a video of my Danmoto Carbon GP Slip-On Exhaust. This exhaust has been on the bike for a couple of months now and this is as true of a note I would think. I hear exhaust notes changes over time. Breaking in the exhaust? IDK... Well here you go.

You can buy Danmoto exhaust here. Much cheaper than eBay.
https://www.dan-moto.com/DM_INT/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=18_19_211&products_id=1273

As far as build quality goes, this is my first motorcycle exhaust slip-on so I don't have anything to compare it to, but the welding looks good and the material seems to be good quality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FGB1ezHzfs&list=UUVFSmK-9Bb93SfOBujfF4GA

I know its been covered but i never got any true data on long term engine damage while running with no muffler and just adding a tip to clean the look? Anyone know for sure if this can do harm to the engine? I like the way it sounds as its similar to a coffman shorty. Living in LA everything is loud out here so dont care for police or people who would think its loud as its my bike and i want LOUD ! Plus its free to remove the muffler versus buying a slip on. Any thoughts ?

Blue Musarri slip on - CBR500 tri colour

Here's my blue Musarri slip on exhaust... Sounds great and blends in nice with the blue tri colour scheme.

Attachments

500r Stock Exhaust

Hey guys,

Ive just bought an aftermarket exhaust and wondering if anyone has found an easy way to remove the stock exhaust as its proving to be extremely difficult the bolts are locked in place.

Hey guys,

Ive just bought an aftermarket exhaust and wondering if anyone has found an easy way to remove the stock exhaust as its proving to be extremely difficult the bolts are locked in place.
A bit of elbow grease worked for me man ;) but yeah don't be afraid to give it a bit of a yank to get it loose they're in pretty tight from the factory

I know its been covered but i never got any true data on long term engine damage while running with no muffler and just adding a tip to clean the look? Anyone know for sure if this can do harm to the engine? I like the way it sounds as its similar to a coffman shorty. Living in LA everything is loud out here so dont care for police or people who would think its loud as its my bike and i want LOUD ! Plus its free to remove the muffler versus buying a slip on. Any thoughts ?
Not sure man if your still in the dark with it take the bike to your local dealer or mechanic and they should be able to tell you. In my opinion though something like a two brothers is loud as **** and still gains horsepower. If your looking for something relatively cheap and real loud go for a tyga performance moto maggot slip on. I had one on my bike and it proved way too loud and the cops got me for it :/ haha

For those who are still in the market for a new exhaust slip on, I made a video of my Danmoto Carbon GP Slip-On Exhaust. This exhaust has been on the bike for a couple of months now and this is as true of a note I would think. I hear exhaust notes changes over time. Breaking in the exhaust? IDK... Well here you go.

You can buy Danmoto exhaust here. Much cheaper than eBay.
https://www.dan-moto.com/DM_INT/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=18_19_211&products_id=1273

As far as build quality goes, this is my first motorcycle exhaust slip-on so I don't have anything to compare it to, but the welding looks good and the material seems to be good quality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FGB1ezHzfs&list=UUVFSmK-9Bb93SfOBujfF4GA
Man that looks tempting due to the price...how much was shipping to California?

Man that looks tempting due to the price...how much was shipping to California?
If you buy the exhaust from their actual website instead of from eBay, with the ridiculous shipping cost, the total was still lower than if you bought the exhaust from eBay. I can't remember the actual cost sorry, it's been a while.

Reactions: Dave Edwards
If you buy the exhaust from their actual website instead of from eBay, with the ridiculous shipping cost, the total was still lower than if you bought the exhaust from eBay. I can't remember the actual cost sorry, it's been a while.
Thanks, yeah I figured it out. Price much lower on their site but higher shipping so works out to be around $150 sounds like a pretty good deal.

But I just decided to order the Yoshimura R77 today. Getting to be an expensive hobby...good thing I like Ramen noodles.

Reactions: Joram144
The Akra and the Quill are both as huge as the stock unit.

One thing I liked about the LeoVince Corsa is that it is smaller.
Price is good too.
If I liked a gigantic muffler hanging off the back of the bike, I would just keep the stock one on there.
( Just my opinion.... which is worth about nuthin. )
Correction, its worth $0.02 ;)

Why an after market exhaust?

Maybe a parallel twin could sound good with a louder exhaust, Maybe? My humble opinion is no. It seems like a true waste of a lot of money to basically gain nothing in power; the best dyno sheet i have seen on a full system test was 1HP @ 8700 RPM. This system was over 700.00. I am sure a lot will disagree but i am going to use that 700.00 for a years worth of fuel! This bike is not a repli racer, but rather a neutral fun sporty machine. It will never have the crack and sharp note of a tuned in line 4 with 150 HP on tap. If you try to make it sound like more than it is; your gonna get you arse handed to you by anyone on any super sport bike looking to pick a street fight. Keep it quite and keep a low profile and don't get caught a the light! Also remember boy racer on the 600 wanting to race paid twice as much for a bike as you, uses more fuel, and pays 3 times the insurance. Be proud of what you got and i bet the resale value on the CBR500R models will be higher than the CBR600RR models 4 years from now as the 500 will be more desirable to more riders sizing down, and newer riders not wanting to settle for a 250 CC bike. **** look at the resale values of the CBR250R models now, selling in US with 6K mikes on them for only 1K less than a new one.
The only reasons I would want one is to give enough room to put bags on the bike. The stock exhaust leaves no room for bags and limits touring unless you want a mountainous tank and tail bag. Less weight would also be nice when adding bags.

621 - 640 of 658 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.