Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

As expected, Honda announced its new CBR500R sportbike will be featured in the 2013 European Junior Cup, a single-spec racing series that competes at European rounds of the World Superbike Championship.

We saw this coming when Honda announced it would supply an all new sportbike for the European Junior Cup, but the news wasn’t official until after Honda unveiled the CBR500R alongside its siblings the CB500F and CB500X at the 2012 EICMA Show. Plus this also gives us an excuse to run a 39-picture gallery of the new CBR500R after the jump.

Racers will ride specially-prepared versions of the CBR500R priced at 19,950 euros (US$25,417), a considerable increase from the $5,999 price tag American Honda is asking for the regular production model. Of course, the hefty price tag also includes the cost of race tires, fuel, race management and servicing.

The stakes are high as well, with the winner of the 2013 European Junior Cup getting an offer to compete for a Honda-backed team in a European Superstock 600 series in 2014.

More: 2013 European Junior Cup to Use Honda CBR500R on Motorcycle.com

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just read......this is GREAT news. :D
Honda will find out what works and what doesn't.
This will definitely benefit everyone who has any of the 3 500s.

Hope Speed TV carries some of the races.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Specifically prepared CBR500's eh, I wonder what exactly they will have on these CBR500's. Would be awesome if they release a specifications list.

It might be helpful to someone looking to get more out of their CBR500

·
Registered
56 Posts
that would be nice if they had extra add on from factory to help accommodate those who want more for tracking and what not.

·
Registered
107 Posts
that would be nice if they had extra add on from factory to help accommodate those who want more for tracking and what not.
Even if they offered these upgrades as a "package" I'd be happy with that. Maybe Honda will eventually consider it, who knows!

Any idea if there has been anything like this available to the public before?

·
Senior Knee Dragger
286 Posts
This sort of performance package add on has been know for cars coming from the dealerships. But I have never heard about this being offered for bike usually for performance upgrades people would just get aftermarket parts. Although if they do I wonder how much the cost would be and if there would be different packages.

·
Registered
14 Posts
A step ahead of Kawasaki.
The Honda 500 race bikes will shake-out any problems
which will translate into improvements for the next Gen CBR500R street bikes.

The amount of sales for the 2013 will explode.
And I imagine long waits for the factory to catch up with sales.

If you want one.....grab it as soon as one comes in.

·
Registered
10 Posts
European Junior Cup 2013

Hello all, my name is David Wisdom and my son Alex Wisdom (15) is the 2012 USA Moto 3 National Champion and Moriwaki MD250 Spec Series National Champion. To get to the point he is also representing the USA in the European Junior Cup in 2013.
We thought it would be fun to get on here and try to share our journey during the 2013 season with people likely to be buying/riding the CBR500R Honda that he will ride this year. plus it might get him a few more fans.

We will be heading to Spain in April to ride the bike for the first time at Alcarras Circuit on 7th/8th April, before heading to Aragon for the first round of the Championship on the 14th.

Will post news and information on the bike/Alex to facebook/twitter/webpage and will check in here once a week to see whats going on.
For those who would like to become a fan, please go to his facebook page and like it as it does help him to gain more sponsors, with the Championship and travel costing 80,000 dollars this year we can do with all the help we can get. :)

facebook: http://www.facebook.com/AlexWisdomRacing
e mail: [email protected]

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think this is great news!
Your son must be really happy about the possibility to race motorcycles, thats a dream a lot of people dream...

You are the man now, please spy out what they changed on the race bike compared to the street version.

Please post some riding impressions when the day in April is done, thank you for your help!

Kind regards, Martin

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
re: European Junior Cup 2013

Thanks for posting David. Congrats to Alex. Best of luck in the EJC! With so little US presence in SBK and MotoGP, Alex should get some decent press, I hope.
Cheers!

Reactions: Wisdom7

·
Registered
175 Posts
thanks for finding the spec i was actually searching for this as well. the quick shifter and power commander makes a huge difference. You dont have to use the clutch during shifts. I wonder if they are gonna reverse the rear set pedals for the gears to gp style. I dont see why they wouldnt. now its got me curious on how the Leo vince exhaust system will sound on the CBR500R.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Hi David and great post. Best of luck to Alex and the spec sheet of the bike has me drooling!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hey Dave,
Great to see you guys taking the time to be on here knowing how busy a racing season must be. Very nice of you to give us a closer look and even a chance to enquire first hand about what seems to be the quickest cbr500's in the world.
Anyway was just wondering what horsepower these race cbr500's are making after the mods mentioned and what fuel they are run on???
Also good luck to Alex hope this series goes well for him and maybe one day well see a superbike champ that onced raced a cbr500 :)
Cheers buddy,

Reactions: CBR_Dave

·
Registered
924 Posts
Hope you guys get the front forks sorted out. I've been following your progress via Facebook. Hope some sponsers come in soon to cover travel costs. Best of luck to Alex from the guys here at CBR500Riders. Go get em' kid. You've got talent.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts