Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody, as you can probably guess by the nature of this post; I am very new around here. I recently purchased my cbr from somebody that sold it out of fear after laying it down at about 20mph on an exit ramp. It had some pretty extensive cosmetic damage, as well as a few torn turn signal wires. After fitting up the bike with all new turn signals and repairing the torn wires, neither my 4way flashers or my turn signal switch work. But if I send power to each of the lights individually they light up (the dash signal indicator aswell) without a hitch. So I initially thought the switch may be broken but if it were only the switch I would assume the 4 way button would work. It's also worth mentioning that I have a MIL that indicates "86 Serial Comms malfunction". No fuses are popped and all of the other electronics are working perfectly on the bike. I've also recently charged the battery. Maybe I need a new flasher relay? Any tips or leads on what I should do would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advanced for sharing your wisdom with a noob mechanic/rider. Sorry if this is a duplicate thread somehow, but I couldn't seem to find info on my situation specifically on the forum.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Have you got a workshop manual? It gives a few things to test for that particular error. I would share link but can't find it anymore, but if you send me your email I'll send you a copy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts