Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First time posting. I have learned a ton from reading this forum.
I am located in the SF Bay Area. I've only seen a few CBR500r bikes on the road in this area. If anyone is local to me let me know.
Thought I would share some pics of my bike.
Few mods here and there. I will put together a list in the next day or so.

Comments, good or bad are welcome. :smile:

Thanks

*Edit*

Modifications List

-K&N air filter
-IXIL Exhaust
-Tyga Exhaust Bracket
-Tyga Carbon Fiber Front Fender
-Tyga Carbon Fiber Rear Fender
-Tyga Carbon Fiber Instrument Panel Cover
-Billet Aluminum Frame Sliders
-Billet Aluminum MZS Levers
-Billet Aluminum FX Rear Sets
-Billet Aluminum Oil Cap
-2012 GSXR 750 Rear Shock
-Billet Aluminum Fork Stabilizer
-Billet Aluminum Fork Preload Adjusters
-SW-Motech Alu-Rack Luggage Rack
-2013 CBR600rr Mirrors
-2017 CBR500r Wheel Stickers
-Honda HRC Rear Seat Cowling
-Hotbodies Racing Flush Mount Led Front Blinkers
-R&G Rear Fender Eliminator Kit w/ LED License Plate Light and Led Rear Blinkers
-LED Headlight Bulbs
-LED Running Light Bulb
-Tinted Yellow (Low Beam Side)
-Tinted Smoke (High Beam Side)

Attachments

·
Registered
885 Posts
Welcome, and nice bike!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
That's more than a few mods! Looks clean. I'd like a closer photo of the exhaust if you wouldn't mind. I'd love a sound clip too. The one thing I'll say is, the K&N filter is not good for the motor. Either get rid of it or change your oil twice as often. If you're intent on keeping it, you really ought to put a power commander on it. You've got the potential to gain a pony or two now that you have the higher flow intake and exhaust.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's more than a few mods! Looks clean. I'd like a closer photo of the exhaust if you wouldn't mind. I'd love a sound clip too. The one thing I'll say is, the K&N filter is not good for the motor. Either get rid of it or change your oil twice as often. If you're intent on keeping it, you really ought to put a power commander on it. You've got the potential to gain a pony or two now that you have the higher flow intake and exhaust.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
Thanks for the feedback.

Are you saying the K&N filter isn't good for the engine because it will run a bit leaner or are there other reasons?
I've thought about a power commander but it would also require putting it on the dyno and getting it tuned and I have not looked into getting that done in my area. Is that something you have done before? What is the total price you paid for everything if you don't mind sharing?

I will get some close up pics of the ixil exhaust today. I actually have to replace the gasket today because after removing the old exhaust and installing the ixil, the existing gasket was not sealing properly.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Reactions: sdemmitt79

·
Registered
648 Posts
I fully approve of your choice of exhaust. :thumbsup

Attachments

Reactions: sdemmitt79

·
Registered
10 Posts
Definitely get the bike dyno'd. The bike's ECI is tuned for exhaust regulations. With or without the filter, you'll get smoother throttle response. With the filter, you're definitely out of tune without a re-tune. So all of this means, get the PC5 :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts