Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Im thinking about drilling through the triple tree clamp to fit in 3 screws to attack the speedometer into. in terms of safety and practicality. would you say this is a smart thing to do? or should i just get the other triple tree clamp u mentioned.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Wow lol that is a SUPER beefy cluster holder. Looks like it would survive a nuclear blast XD

I love seeing custom built stuff and you're doing an awesome job. Can't wait to see what the finished product looks like!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Haha thanks yeah it is a bit over kill but im a heavy fabricator by trade so using the skills i learnt thru that to help me just a bit of a challenge with the smaller stuff for me haha but thanks having fun being creative and doing something different

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Im thinking about drilling through the triple tree clamp to fit in 3 screws to attack the speedometer into. in terms of safety and practicality. would you say this is a smart thing to do? or should i just get the other triple tree clamp u mentioned.
Well me personally id get the other triple tree but as long as they arent massive holes and not too close to the forks then u should be fine

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well me personally id get the other triple tree but as long as they arent massive holes and not too close to the forks then u should be fine
Ill just get get the new clamp. Can u send me a link of the triple tree clamp?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
So on the website its number 16 and 17 for the parts can refer to the diagram above it to check what you need

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hello, I hope you are doing well after the operation. How is the build coming along? I have a few questions about the scrambler build now that I've come to mirror your build a lot. after doing a ton of research and looking into different build paths. I've decided to remove the subframe and do some welding on it. I was wondering if you could say a few things about the process you did to get to the end goal in this picture regarding the subframe? I looking at my Haynes manual and toured this site, but couldn't find the right amount of info. Any help would be appreciated.

I know there are 4 bolts connecting the subframe to the frame, but I'm not so sure what else I have to remove in order to remove the subframe completely and install a new one.

View attachment 72142
[/QUOTE]

21 - 28 of 28 Posts