Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone seeing as ive seen alot of threads about changing your cbr500r into a streetfighter/ scrambler style I thought id share my progress on my build so far

I had a crash around december last year and ended up having to go in for surgery was in hospo for about 5 days and now ive recovered well ive started my own build as i struggling to find any info on these types of builds so im happy to share my knowledge with anyone that has questions. Any tips or things i could do that would b better for the build please let me know

I have changed the top triple tree so it has bar mounts (CB500f triple tree) and got some fork boots or "gaters" to give it the scrambler style.

I have a 7inch headlight going on the front and made my own housing for it to mount to the forks

Added a rear end bar loop and a holder for the battery as im keeping it naked

·
Registered
96 Posts
Looks like you are making some great progress.

Are you going to delete the rear pegs and get a shorter slip-on?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah the rear pegs are going just waiting on rear peg deletes and the exhaust i think im going to leave since it cost me a penny planning on straight pipping it and some exhaust wrap too to get rid of the chrome plate next to the brake pedal

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello, I hope this message finds you well. I was wondering how in the world did you mount the speedometer in front of the gas tank? I'm going through the exact same build minus the metal fabrication. And what are you thinking about when it comes to turn signal placement? I heard you can bolt on turn signals in the headlight bracket like the image below. and what did you do with forks in your 6th image?

Thank you for your time. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah im gonna be honest it was a pain in the ass i ended up fabricating my own bracket that bolts into the 3 holes in the back of the speedo and yeah im going to mount the indicators on the side of the headlight and all i did was put some rubber fork seals (Gaters) just to keep the scrambler look to it

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The speedo bracket then bolts onto the underneathe of the top triple tree the new one i put on had 2 mounting points so it worked out nice

·
Registered
3 Posts
Awesome! Is there any way we can get some pics? And any plans going forward with this build? I'm wondering how the fuse box and wiring will work out when it comes to the finished products. Thanks you for the advice. I'll start to post own version of the build very soon

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah its the shop at the moment getting new tyres put on it so once i get it back ill send pics and wiring is where im at now im thinking im going to have to make my own sort of fuse box to hide all the wiring as there is **** loads of wires that are exposed and ive never done electrical work on bikes but i have a friend that is helping with that

1 - 8 of 8 Posts