Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a CBR500r as my first bike and the halogen lights just look terrible. I'm not sure what LED bulbs to go with, there are so many options and I'm not sure about fitment and if they are similar to a car's bulb. If anyone has links for what LED bulbs they use I would appreciate it!

·
Registered
393 Posts
H7 bulb (the same as cars). However, 2013-15 CBR500R headlight enclosure is extremely compact, particular at the back. Measure the available space carefully before buying the LED bulb (from my notes, i believe it is 45mm max from the base of H7 bulb to the back cover).

I'd recommend something like Philips Ultinon LED H7 (with inbuilt LED driver) but do your research and decide. Avoid older/cheap LED bulbs that are longer at the back and have external driver modules (that may be too big to fit into the headlight enclosure. Fanless bulb types are your best bet.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I replaced the halogen bulbs on the 2013 CBR500R with halogen bulbs that were better quality. That made a huge difference. After taking a look at LED options it was more than I wanted to bother with: cost, limited space in the enclosure, which LEDs would work with the reflector to avoid blinding other drivers, heat considerations, and so on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts