Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there everybody, 1st post, so glad I found this forum while looking for headlight lol anyhow, I bought a 2013 cbr500r off Facebook marketplace a few weeks back for $1,200, knowing it had been in an accident. Dmv checks out, clean title, so I bought it. Both fork stanchions and the bottom tubes of the forks, they're both bent to the right and the female part is wallowed out a bit. Also, front fairing everything is cracked or broken. Only thing good is the speedo is good, the front wheel, tire, bearings, and axle are new, as are the front brakes.

So far I've gotten it in my name but kept it on non op status. Here in a week I'm guna make between a $600 and $1,000 order off chapmoto. I do have one question, maybe more.

Can I use the top triple clamp off the cb500F on my cbr500r and use handlebars with fairings, Much like a yamaha FZ6? I like fully faired bikes but also like a bit more upright riding and the look of handlebars > clipons.

I'll post up some pics when I figure it out, thanks for reading!

Ken

Attachments

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Your triple clamps are probably bent as well, which is normal for front end damage. Check the frame as well, especially around the head. I'm sure the triple clamps are interchangeable between the different models.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts