Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 14’ CBR 500r with Dynojet power commander V and Akrapovic full exhaust. Absolutely love my bike. What from I under stand stock sprockets is 15 teeth up front and 41 in the back. I’ve rode for 3 years now. I rarely take it over a hundred anyways and prefer the acceleration! I’m lucky enough to live right next to the famous Dragon 318 curves in 11 miles!!!!!! Any suggestions on a good sprocket Kit that will Give me more acceleration without going to crazy and popping wheelies all the time and still being able to cruise lol I like the turns and cruising through the mountains I live in. That’s My kinda riding. I’m new to bikes and I’ve learnt alot the passed few years but I listen to the experienced riders. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you and ride safe!!!!

·
Registered
1,413 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I own a 14’ CBR 500r with Dynojet power commander V and Akrapovic full exhaust. Absolutely love my bike. What from I under stand stock sprockets is 15 teeth up front and 41 in the back. I’ve rode for 3 years now. I rarely take it over a hundred anyways and prefer the acceleration! I’m lucky enough to live right next to the famous Dragon 318 curves in 11 miles!!!!!! Any suggestions on a good sprocket Kit that will Give me more acceleration without going to crazy and popping wheelies all the time and still being able to cruise lol I like the turns and cruising through the mountains I live in. That’s My kinda riding. I’m new to bikes and I’ve learnt alot the passed few years but I listen to the experienced riders. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you and ride safe!!!!
I would think a 14T front sprocket will help the acceleration without any change in chain length. Front sprockets are easier to change than rear sprockets and cost less.
https://www.amazon.com/Vortex-Front-Steel-Sprocket-CBR500R/dp/B00M9J04SS?SubscriptionId=AKIAILSHYYTFIVPWUY6Q&tag=duckduckgo-ffab-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B00M9J04SS

cbr500r 14t front sprocket | eBay
thank you that seems to about to the ratio I’m trying to achieve and keeping my back socket and stock chain will definitely save money. Now if I can just get it in other then gold lol thank you very much!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I greatly appreciate Your insite man. Looks like just changing the front instead of both gives me like a 7% increase unless I’m doing math wrong On google which could happen cuz it’s been a while, and you say I don’t have to change the chain! The bang for buck sounds totally more then worth it
thank you that seems to about to the ratio I’m trying to achieve and keeping my back socket and stock chain will definitely save money. Now if I can just get it in other then gold lol thank you very much!!
that’s

·
Registered
279 Posts
I haven’t changed the front but did install a 43-tooth rear sprocket on my 500F. Made a noticeable difference in pull from the dig and out of corners. I also kept the factory chain.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts