How many of you do your own maintenance? - Page 6 - Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-18-2019, 07:10 PM

New to the forum. Just wanted to say that in 2017 I rode The White Bike, my 1988 Kawasaki EX500 to Santa Fe and back from Ohio. thewhitebike was my password until I had To have a capital, a symbol, a this and that. I love my White Bike.

Just helped my son adjust 16 valves on his Concours 14. I do most maintenance myself.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 10:32 PM

Garage
this is my first bike. i bought it used. i have done all the maintenance and modding myself. first item i bought was the service manual. i've done 30,000+ trouble free miles. bought all the specialty tools as i needed. in my opinion, working on my bike is much easier than working on my car. the only thing i have let a dealership do is the recalls.

2013 CBR500RA AC MILLENNIUM RED
post #53 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 11:06 PM

Motorcycle maintenance is to expensive to pay someone every time you need something done. $80 for a simple oil change. The only thing I’ve paid for so far is tire mounting ( I remove the tire) and the first valve alignment at 500 miles. I skipped the second one. No issues, 16,800 miles. Just replaced tires again and chain. Brake pads and brake fluid swap is coming in the next week.

post #54 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 07:15 PM

Garage
Got my Own Wrenches and Shop Manual=Get 'er Done!

Been Twisting Throttles since 1986!

2013 Honda CBR500R (TriColor)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #55 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 04:21 AM

Garage
In general, I do everything myself, having been seriously disappointed with the workmanship of others in the past. The only recent exception has been with my CBR500R, because it was brand new and under warranty. As it happens, I’ve dropped it in for what will probably be its last visit to the dealership this morning for an annual service.

My worst fear about dying is my wife selling all my stuff for what I told her it cost...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page