cbr500ra 2016 luggage rack - Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-25-2019, 05:09 AM Thread Starter

cbr500ra 2016 luggage rack

Hey there can anyone suggest a luggage rack for my bike that still sporty but does't need pannel mods im looking but cant seem to find something for this year model

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-30-2019, 04:01 PM

Location: Sonoma County, California & Borrego Springs, California
This is not exactly what you are looking for, but I have a 2016 F & this set up works for me.
A Honda OEM tail-bag which I bought through motosport.com & a pair of SW Motech Blaze panniers which came through
twistedthrottle.com photos below. The panniers & tail-bag can work together although I do not have an image showing both on at the same time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 29E753D9-4252-4CE7-B74D-5844ED0C6456.jpg (453.4 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpeg 2F5ED155-71CD-42B4-A852-63F349FDF895.jpeg (80.0 KB, 27 views)

Ride like your life depends on it.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-02-2019, 08:58 PM
PMB

Garage
I think the best looking way to put a luggage rack on a sport bike is something I saw once on the street that didn't know how was done until I searched for it on youtube and found another couple examples, so I can tell it's just DIY: you need to modified the OEM pillion/passenger seat making holes through it in order to attach and fix a standar givi or whatever luggage brand rack box. I think you must see it for yourself because i can't describe it correctly with my english! As soon as I can I 'll put a link here so you'll be able to see it.
I don't want to go this way with my bike because I also have swmotech blaze paniers as side bags, very easy to put and remove without hardware installed on the bike apart a discret piece attached to the passagers footpegs, and for the moment with these bags and a backpack I don't need to carry more things.

CB500FA 2016: MRA windshield, Ixil L3XB slip-on, 5cm riser MFV vario racing footpegs, Michelin Power RS, DNA air filter, OEM handlebar reversed up/down&left/right, 56 yrs and still doing track days!

Last edited by PMB; 11-03-2019 at 07:47 AM.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-02-2019, 09:03 PM
PMB

Garage
Here is an example:
https://youtu.be/pUtIrHynlhI

CB500FA 2016: MRA windshield, Ixil L3XB slip-on, 5cm riser MFV vario racing footpegs, Michelin Power RS, DNA air filter, OEM handlebar reversed up/down&left/right, 56 yrs and still doing track days!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-03-2019, 12:12 PM
PMB

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by motohonace View Post
The panniers & tail-bag can work together.
Question about blaze panniers & tail bag working together, I though the velcro straps of the swmotech panniers might limit somehow the way the tail bag attaches to the passenger seat, so instead I was thinking in adding a swmotech drybag, above the passenger seat and velcro of the panniers, because it's multiple straps would allow to be fixed in many different ways to differents parts of the bike and panniers. Plus there are various sizes choices drybags and even they can be stacked one above others.

Last edited by PMB; 11-03-2019 at 01:16 PM.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-03-2019, 08:50 PM

Location: Sonoma County, California & Borrego Springs, California
The OEM tailbag & Blaze panniers do work together easily. At most I have to let out the tailbag straps a few cm to accommodate the wide velcro pannier strap. When touring, see my original photo, I use a boating dry bag for my sleeping bag etc. & the tail bag stays at home.

Ride like your life depends on it.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-05-2019, 09:30 AM

I also have fitted the SW Motech Blaze panniers which I took off my old Yamaha, brackets fit the rear footrest brackets exactly so it is a good one. When not using, I clip the s/s rods out. I also fitted a Givi rear carrier rack which will take my 34ltr top box.
When it eventually stops raining I will post some pics.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page