Turn Signals/ Running Lights - Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 12:42 AM Thread Starter

Turn Signals/ Running Lights

When on the bike the right side blinker/running light seems to have a power issue. The running light does not work, the blinker however does work when I turn it on to turn. I dont want to get pulled over for a non working light. I checked the connection and it was solid. I see that it is just 1 bulb so I doubt that's what the problem is. I bought the bike 2 weeks ago and didn't notice if it was like this already or just recently happened. If anyone has some insight let me know please, thanks.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 15561670877497347001445324171462_1556167137889.jpg (75.3 KB, 29 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 11:18 AM

Swap the right side bulb with the left side bulb and you'll verify if its the bulb or something else.
bambams likes this.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 09:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdock View Post
Swap the right side bulb with the left side bulb and you'll verify if its the bulb or something else.
Ill have to do that tonight. Hopefully it is the light bulb. Thanks for the idea.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 11:01 PM

It's usually the bulb when this happens.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 12:26 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy View Post
It's usually the bulb when this happens.
I think it is because I did what @jdock said to do and it did not work. I put them back as they were and now both running lights dont work. I checked the fuse box which I did not find exactly one for Running lights just 1 fuse that says Turn/Odd and that fuse was fine. I will buy a new bulb and see if that fixes the issue.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 01:24 AM

I think the fronts are two way and the rear is signal only. I recall having one front go out and the whole side went wonky. Just go grab some new bulbs at the auto store and pop then in. I'd just replace all of them because when one goes bad the others seem to follow. Hope that works.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 12:30 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy View Post
I think the fronts are two way and the rear is signal only. I recall having one front go out and the whole side went wonky. Just go grab some new bulbs at the auto store and pop then in. I'd just replace all of them because when one goes bad the others seem to follow. Hope that works.
Today I went on the longest ride so far about 2.5hours in total. Magically when I got home they both seemed to work just fine. Im thinking this is an electrical issue now.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 02:33 PM

I'm confused.
You swapped side to side and they BOTH didnt work??
Then put back to original position and they both worked??
Take a look inside the bulb socket and look for anything that look like it has been scratched.
Then check the bulb mating surface for anything that looks funny.
Cant believe you have electrical problem on a newer bike.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 10:31 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdock View Post
I'm confused.
You swapped side to side and they BOTH didnt work??
Then put back to original position and they both worked??
Take a look inside the bulb socket and look for anything that look like it has been scratched.
Then check the bulb mating surface for anything that looks funny.
Cant believe you have electrical problem on a newer bike.
Originally the right one did not work. I switched them and the bulb worked on the left but not the right after the swap so I knew it wasn't the bulb. I switched the bulbs back to its original housing and when I turned the bike on neither worked (which this was fine as it wasn't drawing attention from having only one off) The next day I went on about a 2.5hour ride with a buddy and I noticed when I got back home that both were magically working (this was yesterday). I took her out for a ride today and they both worked, when I got home the left side is not working now... It definitely has to be an electrical issue. But I can seem to understand where the problem is. I thought it might be the wiring on the ride side and now im having issues on the left. I want to buy other bulbs but I also dont want to spend money as im planning to swap them out anyway to flushmounts.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 10:44 PM Thread Starter

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F273773771924

It says these are for 2013-2015, does anyone know if they might fit a 2016? I like these flushmounts because you can still see them from the front as I do not plan on swapping out the mirrors anytime soon. The other flushmounts oncoming traffic cannot see them making them a hazard by themselves.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page