Best possible after market performances mods for 2013 ABS - Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums
 6Likes
  • 4 Post By Thrasherg
  • 2 Post By Pbassred

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-14-2018, 01:04 AM Thread Starter

Best possible after market performances mods for 2013 ABS

Wondering what my best options are for modifying my 2013 , I like the r77 yoshimura but can’t find a way to get it in Canada , also how does it compare to others based on your experiences? Aswell , would the dynojet powercommand V and Autotune kit be good options regarding this ?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-14-2018, 03:20 PM

Not to be nasty, but you realise you are going to be throwing upwards of a $1000 for less than 5 Hp gain? I would suggest using the money for some track days or better tires, you will be much faster (and safer) with those than a couple more horsepower!! Just a suggestion..

Gary
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-14-2018, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasherg View Post
Not to be nasty, but you realise you are going to be throwing upwards of a $1000 for less than 5 Hp gain? I would suggest using the money for some track days or better tires, you will be much faster (and safer) with those than a couple more horsepower!! Just a suggestion..

Gary
Agree with Gary, you can find a motorcycle service who remap the bike at ECU without use of powecommander, rapidbike, etc, itīs cheaper and have the same result. I suggest a slip on exhaust to better sound and a little gain.

Renato D. Pullin
------------------
Honda CBR 500R 2018 (2018 - present)
Honda CBR 250R 2012 (2016 - 2018)

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-14-2018, 05:10 PM

Definitely get an R77, but go for the slip-on. The engine note will be greatly improved, but as others have noted, even with a full exhaust, you're going to realize only minimal gains in power. This engine simply doesn't lend itself very well to attempts to increase its output.

2014 CBR650F in Millennium Red

"You and your mom are hillbillies! This is a house of learned doctors!"
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-15-2018, 03:59 AM

Garage
Difference between being fast and being quick.
The cost involved to make these bikes fast will really hurt your wallet. You can however make the bike a heck of a lot quicker for comparably a lot less.

Search the forums for suspension upgrades.
The bikes are woefully suspended, keeping your tyres effectively stuck to the road will quicken your ride, and certainly in a timed A-B you will inherently be faster to boot too.

What makes
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-01-2019, 01:35 PM

Yeah its on of those posts about "how to" where the overwhelming advice is "don't". If you really need a bigger bike, the answer is to buy a bigger bike. If you are a hobby mechanic trying to make the engine do more than it was designed to do, then you bought the wrong bike.

In the Europe, Honda had the option of making a 40wK bike and limiting it to 35kW to fit the A2 category. They didn't. They use that mill in 3 CBR bikes and a modified version in the Rebel. Its a homogeneous solution.

At the end of the day the CBR500R is not a track racer since it doesn't fit a race category. Its a reliable learner bike. Its best purpose is to make you better. If you must mod it then the Motojitsu You-tube channel would agree that suspension is the thing to change.
ExTex and eds like this.

CBR500R 2015
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-08-2019, 04:56 PM

Garage
I recommend getting the Hindle Megaphone exhaust and Bazzaz ZFI TC then a custom tune. That is the best bolt on package you can buy. I have tested multiple setups on my race bikes and this setup is the best.

2017 Sponsors - Honda Powersports, Pirelli Tires, Galfer Brakes, Race Tech Suspension, Vortex Racing, Racer Gloves, Sol Performance, Quik Cycles, BloodNickle Leathers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page