• 1 Post By kif
  • 1 Post By kif
  • 1 Post By bambams
  • 1 Post By MagicJellybean

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-01-2019, 12:06 AM Thread Starter
kif

My 2018 CBR500R

Hi i live in Norway and this is my bike, 2018mod, bought new by me april 2019. Got my mc licens 29 may, changes: windscreen, scorpion exhaust, tidy tail.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg thumbnail_image3.jpg (444.5 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg thumbnail_image1.jpg (342.2 KB, 41 views)
loloyd likes this.

Last edited by kif; 06-02-2019 at 02:37 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 09:04 PM

Location: Sonoma County, California & Borrego Springs, California
Welcome to the club. One beautiful piece of road in the second photo. I love roads that are too narrow to have a center stripe. I imagine Norway has plenty. Will you be touring to Southern Europe come Fall? Enjoy.

Ride like your life depends on it.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 01:19 PM

Excellent choice for a first bike. My daughter rode a CRF250X (road legal) on the streets for the first 2 years and then when she turned 18 got a CBR500RR and loves it, they are great bikes, quick enough to get you in trouble if you don't pay attention, but very forgiving if you make mistakes or are heavy handed with the throttle.. Look after it and you can probably sell it for very little loss and will have got a load of experience from it.

Gary

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 12:59 AM

Garage
The bike is gorgeous. It's too bad it'll be nearly invisible on the road (black).

Be sure to learn how to ride in a motorcycle safety course. Whatever it costs it's worth every penny.

In the USA, they're called MSF (Motorcycle Safety Foundations). In Canada, they're generally hosted at community/technical colleges and are called "Gearing Up". Some states subsidize it so you only have to pay maybe $50. In Canada, I paid about $450 (which would be roughly 375 US dollars), but it was worth every penny. I wouldn't recommend anybody ride without doing a course. Your bike probably costs several times that, and your life is considered priceless to some.

Append:

I should mention, I recommend you wear full safety gear every time you get on the bike (even if you're just moving it in the driveway). That means helmet, jacket, pants, gloves, and boots. Gear that is designed for motorcycles, and at least $100 each (helmet, jacket, and pants will likely be $200+ each).

Bright colors are also highly recommended. A large part of being safe on a motorcycle is being noticed/recognized by other traffic so they don't hit you. The rest is being responsible and safe. A large percentage of motorcycle accidents are single-vehicle. Nobody to blame except the pilot (or much more rarely, the owner/mechanic).

I mean the best with what I say. It doesn't always sound that way.
2013 Honda CBR500R (Millennium Red) (Completely stock)
FirstGear Kilimanjaro High-Visibility, Joe Rocket Ballistic Boots, Scorpion Exo R2000, Alpinestars Raider Drystar Pants or Scorpion Covert Jeans, Icon Hypersport Pro Short Gloves
Castrol Chainlube, Pro Honda GN4, Pro Honda Dot 4, 87 octane AKI
Kriega R-35, Air Hawk Dual Sport, Go Cruise 2, Grip Puppies

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by bambams; 06-05-2019 at 01:03 AM.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 09:46 PM

I found a used 2017 orange and black with 9k miles for 5k. If it wasn’t the savings I would’ve gunned for the that year and color.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 10:35 AM Thread Starter
kif

bambams: Getting a mc licens in Norway u have to go through a lot of practice and learning on the road and on the course. used 2900usd and one and a half month to get the licens, and 700usd on gear.
Here are some more pictures, got some red reflective rim tape on also. went on a tent trip also resently
Attached Images
File Type: jpg thumbnail_image1.jpg (408.7 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg thumbnail_image2.jpg (442.8 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg thumbnail_image3.jpg (419.9 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg thumbnail_image4.jpg (312.1 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg thumbnail_image5.jpg (361.8 KB, 20 views)
bambams likes this.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 02:58 PM

Garage
Awesome pictures!

FirstGear Kilimanjaro High-Visibility, Joe Rocket Ballistic Boots, Scorpion Exo R2000, Alpinestars Raider Drystar Pants or Scorpion Covert Jeans, Icon Hypersport Pro Short Gloves

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 12:36 AM

Garage
In fact, your pictures inspired me to make a spontaneous purchase of a tent and two camp twin beds... They aren't really small enough for the bike though, which is a bummer, but they look like good quality and they were on sale... But I digress...
airhead83 likes this.

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 12:34 PM

Garage
I love this bike. Imagine if Honda made the 500 a triple instead of a twin and didn't build it for A2 restrictions so you get a good 60-70 HP motor.

Would be the perfect bike
Triple Sound
Nearly the same stupid fuel economy with lower CC than higher mid-class twins.
Near identical curb weight.
I would be hard press to sell mine if it was a triple spec.

And for those feeling nostalgic: the icing on the cake would be to make it a two stroke if you prefer that over four stroke.
bambams likes this.

Last edited by MagicJellybean; 09-11-2019 at 01:01 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page