CB500X on tour through Europe - Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 09:06 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Cool CB500X on tour through Europe

Recently got back from a little European holiday. Thanks to a friend I met through this very forum, I was very thankful get an opportunity to do a loop across Europe on a CB500X, kitted up with panniers, windshield and a few other good bits. Been a few weeks since I got back but here's a summary of my experience:

Link to a little album of pics from the trip, including route map.

Countries traversed : 8 – Hungary(2x), Slovakia, Czech Republic, Germany(2x), France, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Austria
Distance ridden : 6,371Km
Days travelling : 39
Days camping in a tent : 32 Total, 23 longest consecutive
Most beautiful places : Bern, Rothenberg ob der Tauber, St. Gallen, Annecy, Lyon, Dole
Most memorable place : Budapest, Where The Journey Began And Finished
Least memorable place : Trier, Germany - Forgetting their heritage
Places I wish I'd had more time in : Nancy, Lyon, The caves region of South France, Grenoble, Frankfurt
Places I thought, "I could living here" : Lyon, Grenoble, Graz
Places that surprised : Dole, France and St. Gallen, Switzerland
Best campsite : Camping Insel Bamberg - On The River With Amazing Amenities
Worst campsite : Caravan Petrakova - Basically in the backyard of a bitter old lady
Most impressive buildings inside : Margravial Opera House (Bamberg), Abbey of Saint Gallen, The Notre Dame Basilica of Fourvičre (Lyon), Pilgrimage Church of Wies, Salzburg Cathedral
Most impressive structures outside : Hungary Parliament Building, Neuschwanstein Castle, Church of our Lady Before Týnčná Hlava (Prague), St Stephen's Cathedral (Vienna), Karlskirche (Vienna)
Favorite experience : White water rafting in the Verdon Gorge, France
Worst moment : Finding a rear tyre leak and having to pump it up with a small bicycle pump in the middle of a 40C day so I could get to the nearest servo 20km away before it went flat again; then do slow loops of that place in the heat getting the tyre slime to take effect.
Most fun road : Grand Canyon of Verdon, France
Most thankful of : My friend for allowing the use of his motorbike to make this trip possible.

What makes
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page