5Likes
  • 1 Post By OldRocker
  • 3 Post By PiedmontBuckeye
  • 1 Post By Jb44

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-10-2019, 05:24 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Question Handlebar suggestions?

First, I do like the stock handlebar shape. I would like a handlebar that is about 3/4” to 1” higher and 3/4” to 1” closer to me.

Does anyone have the stock handlebar dimensions? Like the rise & sweep?

Yes I am aware of risers but I think that would change the position of my madstad windscreen which mounts to the top of the handlebar clamp.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

2016 CB500F - Black

Last edited by Spitfire500; 12-10-2019 at 06:32 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-10-2019, 09:34 AM

Have you tried lining up a piece of wood (1" x 2") alonside the handle bars where you should be able to measure the rise and sweep dimensions. This should help to do a search for the ones you are after. Not sure what the cb500x bars are compared to yours, may be worth a check also other models are well.
It is hissing down here so unable to measure mine (2018 cb500 F).
Spitfire500 likes this.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-12-2019, 10:32 AM

I tried the 1" risers, and adding them was an improvement. However, purchased the CB500X handlebars and what an improvement!! They fit right in there perfectly and offer both a rise (approx 3") and a position back some.

You will also need the CB500X clutch cable, and even though one can get by with the original brake tube & throttle cables, it is best to replace them as well with the 500x equivalents.

Perhaps the hardest thing to get done is the bar end vibration dampeners, but once you figure them out, they are easy!

"The difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't change every time congress meets." - Will Rogers

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-12-2019, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiedmontBuckeye View Post
........ However, purchased the CB500X handlebars and what an improvement!! They fit right in there perfectly and offer both a rise (approx 3") and a position back some......

Depends on which year CB500F the original poster has.

I believe the 2019 500F has a fatbar (28mm) rather than the 22mm (7/8") previous models have.

In that case the 500X handlebars won't fit 2019 500F.

It will fit previous year 500Fs.

jb
OldRocker likes this.

2018 Triumph Street Twin
2016 Honda 500F
2014 Yamaha XT250
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 11:26 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiedmontBuckeye View Post
I tried the 1" risers, and adding them was an improvement. However, purchased the CB500X handlebars and what an improvement!! They fit right in there perfectly and offer both a rise (approx 3") and a position back some.

You will also need the CB500X clutch cable, and even though one can get by with the original brake tube & throttle cables, it is best to replace them as well with the 500x equivalents.

Perhaps the hardest thing to get done is the bar end vibration dampeners, but once you figure them out, they are easy!

Thanks. Iím trying to figure it out right now. It might be a couple weeks before I get the parts & installed. I think the X might be too much but I havenít decided yet.

Iíll post my measurements up later too of the stock although I donít know how good they are.

2016 CB500F - Black

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page