Traction pads. - Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums
 4Likes
  • 2 Post By Burridge
  • 2 Post By flyinpiranha

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-01-2019, 05:12 AM Thread Starter

Traction pads.

Can anyone throw some light on my problem. I want to fit some traction pads to what I thought would be a good position on the fuel tank. After checking my knee position I find it to be on the panel below the tank. Has anyone tried sticking traction pads/tank pads to the matt finish on this panel.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-06-2019, 01:22 AM

Location: I live in Hamilton Hill a suburb of Fremantle, the port for Perth Western Australia.
Yes and it doesn’t. Not well anyway. It’s meant to go on the tank and the reason it seems too high there is that it’s meant for track cornering where you shift semi off the seat towards the the inside of the corner and the knee on the outside raises and utilises the grip pad. At least that’s my understanding.
I still find them useful on the road though but I know exactly what you mean. The Matt black panels are textured but really offer negligible grip.
ADIOS600 and OldRocker like this.

Last edited by Burridge; 11-06-2019 at 01:31 AM.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-06-2019, 11:23 AM

I haven't received them yet, but I ordered these a bit ago. Still not in stock so hopefully they ship soon!

EDIT: ... hrm, can't post links yet ... dang. Well, if you go to Motosport, search "TechSpec Snake Skin Tank Grip Pads" and select the 2019 CB500F you'll see they have an image of it with the grip right where are speaking of.

Again, can't comment on how well they stick, but it looks like they are designed for that particular part of the bike (right below the tank). I found the same issue when leaning, I don't really lean-like-a-racer so my knee basically stays where it's at, but I'd like a little more grip on the sides.
ADIOS600 and airhead83 like this.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-09-2019, 01:40 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the info chaps. Could not find cbf listed on revzilla. Found Motosport but then I find Europe not catered for. I will do some more research. Let us know how your grip pads work.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-15-2019, 01:10 PM

You might be able to order them directly from TechSpec.

But I did receive them yesterday (ordered Oct. 30) and they are amazing! Fit really well on the bike, super grippy, and best of all, there's not some logo plastered on it like most stuff.

Easy to put on also. Just used a hairdryer to warm it up a bit as the directions. They are thicker than the old tank pad one I had (ProGrip or something similar ... not sure) but I moved that over to the Z400 until the wife gets her set of TechSpec pads.

Nothing about longevity obviously ... as I just received them yesterday, but I'll update down the road.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CB500F_TechSpec.jpg (251.9 KB, 9 views)
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-15-2019, 01:37 PM Thread Starter

Well that looks mega I must say. Do you have to buy the kit or will they sell parts separately. How much were they.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-15-2019, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADIOS600 View Post
Well that looks mega I must say. Do you have to buy the kit or will they sell parts separately. How much were they.

Came fully in a kit. It was $79.95 ... pretty spendy, but you can feel that they are well made. As long as they stay on, it's worth it, haha. Especially considering most of the ones that are just 'tank' ones are about $20. These come custom cut for the 2019.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TechSpecPackage_CB500F.jpg (154.5 KB, 6 views)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page