Link Pipes - Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums
 5Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Unread 10-13-2019, 03:36 PM Thread Starter

Link Pipes

Do you guys know where I can get some aftermarket link pipes for my 2019 CB500F?
I purchased the Akrapovic Slip-on but I want to remove the original dual pipes that are attached to the motor.
This Akrapovic Slip-on sounds just like the original Slip-on, no sound at all, super quiet and I want a louder sound.
If this Akrapovic Slip-on has a Cat I'll have to return it. Do you know if this can be made so it sounds louder?
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Unread 10-13-2019, 04:46 PM

John, the catalisator is part of the headers, not the muffler.
Ixil makes a header what can be bought alone (and has no cat), otherwise there are full systems replacing the whole system.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Unread 10-13-2019, 06:04 PM

Garage
Check your Acro of it still has the baffle insert installed. Remove that will make it a bit louder 😉

What makes
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Unread 10-13-2019, 06:06 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for replying Oyabun! Yes, I already have the Slip-on, I need to replace the whole OEM system for a plain dual to one pipe to attach to this the new Akrapovic Slip-on that I bought.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Unread 10-13-2019, 06:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tothezenith View Post
Check your Acro of it still has the baffle insert installed. Remove that will make it a bit louder 😉
Thanks, should I just pull the baffle out with a plyer? It does not have screws on it. I don't want to ruin it by pulling the baffle incorrectly.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Unread 10-13-2019, 06:21 PM Thread Starter

This part is what I'm looking for but I don't know if this particular part will work on my CB500FA 2019 model.
https://www.ixilusa.com/ixil-decat-r.../#.XaOTxuZKhhH
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Unread 10-14-2019, 12:04 PM

Ixil shows the pipe for the CB-500R. I could not find one for the F model. Any reason they should not interchange? I plan to use the OEM muffler (for now). My main concern is weight reduction. Does anyone have a figure for weight reduction?
Thanks...
Ralph

"You don't stop riding because you got old...You got old because you stopped riding,"
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Unread 10-14-2019, 02:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphG View Post
Ixil shows the pipe for the CB-500R. I could not find one for the F model. Any reason they should not interchange? I plan to use the OEM muffler (for now). My main concern is weight reduction. Does anyone have a figure for weight reduction?
Thanks...
Ralph
Hi RalphG, I contacted Ixil today and they say this one fits the CB500F 2019 model.
It weights only 1 Kg or 2.2 lbs. I ordered one today for my CB500FA and possible I'll buy their L3XB black HyperLow Slip-on Exhaust. I told them I want the loudest one of the 4 that they sell for my bike. The tech support guy recommended me the L3XB Black HyperLow. Check it out:
https://www.ixilusa.com/ixil-l3xb-bl.../#.XaSo3HVKjmE
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Unread 10-14-2019, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john2019 View Post
This part is what I'm looking for but I don't know if this particular part will work on my CB500FA 2019 model.
https://www.ixilusa.com/ixil-decat-r.../#.XaOTxuZKhhH
There are several threads on the forum about removing the catalytic convertor and re-tuning the engine. I suggest you check them out while waiting for your new goodies.

I am still using stock exhaust so can't answer questions about your changes.
airhead83 likes this.

2014 CB500F: GSXR600 rear shock, Traxxion fork emulators+springs, Kuryakyn Throttle Boss, IDEA Gear Indicator, Slipstreamer S-06 windscreen, SW-Motech handlebar risers, LED tail light, rubber tank side pads.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Unread 10-19-2019, 09:32 PM

Garage
@john2019 with the IXIL header, just be aware that it does not have the tabs front and back like the oem one for the bottom heatshield to screw onto; so you either go without it or find means for it to bolt on. An If you have no method to weld, an exhaust shop can weld some tabs on for not much. It's a nice system though.

What makes
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in