Seat on CB500F - Page 2 - Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums
 23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyG09 View Post
Bought the Corbin seat and love it.
Makes a big difference in comfort and lowered the seat height by a few mm.
My Corbin seat came yesterday and I rode on it for 65 miles this morning. Verdict as to shape is excellent. Firmness a bit too much, but that's typical for Corbin, who claim it will "break in" after about 1000 miles. The seat slants slightly down toward the front and I'd prefer it to be level or slanted slightly down toward the rear. I don't like to feel I'm being pushed forward by the seat. I've raised the bars 30mm and that helped a lot.

Overall, the seat is very sturdy, well made, worth its cost. I'm sure the seat would feel even better were the shock absorber beneath it more plush. Even with least spring preload, my light weight makes the shock overly firm. As it is, every bump in the road transmits directly to the rider through the seat. An Ohlins shock, sprung to my weight, will be fitted later in the year.

Ralph

Plasma1 and airhead83 like this.

"You don't stop riding because you got old...You got old because you stopped riding,"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-22-2019, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfield View Post
Hi all,

Does anybody feels the bum going numb after a few hours riding the CB500F.
I rode almost 200 miles today. I was forced to take breaks for the sake of my bum. It keeps going numb.
Yeah, the seat is terrible. Like sitting on a wooden bench. Disappointing AF. Not spending a bunch of money to put a seat on it. Looking at some sort of gel pad or memory foam.
post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-01-2019, 12:55 AM

Garage
Well, I feel the seat on my 2018 CB500F to be quite soft and nice. I don't usually ride more than 90 minutes in one go, though.

--
In the long run, all fuel is exhausted.

post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-06-2019, 05:05 PM

Garage
I said on the 2019 thread that I had bought a [slightly too big] Tourtecs air cushion. Yesterday I tested it.

In a roughly eight-hour 320-mile ride on all kinds of roads I probably spent about 20 minutes off the bike, though half an hour was spent sat stationary on the bike talking to someone at a petrol station. After that I had another 30 mile trip.

I am certain that I would be in agony after a journey of that length. Even had it been a normal day out, one with a several-hour gap in the middle. But I was not.

It is not that I did not feel anything, just that the discomfort was so minor that now I cannot remember it. Which is not something I would normally say. The pain from long rides will normally last the rest of the night and the memory hold for several days.

More experience with it is needed before I can say it has solved my problems, but my initial reaction is quite positive. (And with new tyres and okay weather the last 80 miles on rural B-roads (minor roads) was a super enjoyable ride.)
post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 12:48 PM

Unhappy Corbin Seat Quality

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCarrithers View Post
See attached. I donít have a good close-up of it on the bike so hopefully the one attached will give you a decent idea. Itís on the white bike in the photo. Black one belongs to Snade here on the forum.
JCarrithers, Iíve read other descriptions of the Corbin seat made for the Honda CB500F, and the riders stated that the Corbin replacement seat also tilts forward, causing sliding into the gas tank just like the stock Honda seat. Have you also experienced this forward sloping Corbin? Do you know of any other replacement seats that provide a more level seating position?
PCG
post #16 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pismocycleguy View Post
JCarrithers, Iíve read other descriptions of the Corbin seat made for the Honda CB500F, and the riders stated that the Corbin replacement seat also tilts forward, causing sliding into the gas tank just like the stock Honda seat. Have you also experienced this forward sloping Corbin? Do you know of any other replacement seats that provide a more level seating position?
PCG

Yes same here, the stock seat is crap.

Plasma1.
post #17 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasma1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pismocycleguy View Post
JCarrithers, I’ve read other descriptions of the Corbin seat made for the Honda CB500F, and the riders stated that the Corbin replacement seat also tilts forward, causing sliding into the gas tank just like the stock Honda seat. Have you also experienced this forward sloping Corbin? Do you know of any other replacement seats that provide a more level seating position?
PCG

Yes same here, the stock seat is crap.

Plasma1.

Mine has a slight rise to the front. I don’t have any issues sliding forward with it and I dropped the triple tree down on the forks and the back is lifted slightly. I attached a pic for you to see. It holds me in place quit well, much better than the stock plank.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg E1A51668-9035-4B47-B94A-A21E0D0D8058_1571418527400.jpg (84.6 KB, 13 views)
Plasma1 likes this.
post #18 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-19-2019, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCarrithers View Post
Mine has a slight rise to the front. I donít have any issues sliding forward with it and I dropped the triple tree down on the forks and the back is lifted slightly. I attached a pic for you to see. It holds me in place quit well, much better than the stock plank.

That looks great, how ever ,it will not fit on the post 2016 models.

Plasma1
post #19 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-19-2019, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphG View Post
My Corbin seat came yesterday and I rode on it for 65 miles this morning. Verdict as to shape is excellent. Firmness a bit too much, but that's typical for Corbin, who claim it will "break in" after about 1000 miles. The seat slants slightly down toward the front and I'd prefer it to be level or slanted slightly down toward the rear. I don't like to feel I'm being pushed forward by the seat. I've raised the bars 30mm and that helped a lot.

Overall, the seat is very sturdy, well made, worth its cost. I'm sure the seat would feel even better were the shock absorber beneath it more plush. Even with least spring preload, my light weight makes the shock overly firm. As it is, every bump in the road transmits directly to the rider through the seat. An Ohlins shock, sprung to my weight, will be fitted later in the year.

Ralph
Thanks for reporting your experience with the Corbin seat. I'm OK with my stock seat, I'll never drive more than 20 miles or more than 1 hr on my CB500F, this bike is not intended for driving very long distances, I'd get the gold wing or similar bike for long trips. Driving long distances or long periods of time even in the more comfortable car one gets lots of pain in the back or butt.
post #20 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-19-2019, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone View Post
I said on the 2019 thread that I had bought a [slightly too big] Tourtecs air cushion. Yesterday I tested it.

In a roughly eight-hour 320-mile ride on all kinds of roads I probably spent about 20 minutes off the bike, though half an hour was spent sat stationary on the bike talking to someone at a petrol station. After that I had another 30 mile trip.

I am certain that I would be in agony after a journey of that length. Even had it been a normal day out, one with a several-hour gap in the middle. But I was not.

It is not that I did not feel anything, just that the discomfort was so minor that now I cannot remember it. Which is not something I would normally say. The pain from long rides will normally last the rest of the night and the memory hold for several days.

More experience with it is needed before I can say it has solved my problems, but my initial reaction is quite positive. (And with new tyres and okay weather the last 80 miles on rural B-roads (minor roads) was a super enjoyable ride.)
8 hrs /320-mile ridding a motorcycle? That is totally extreme for me
At that much ridding even seating on a bubble of air would cause pain on your butt no matter what bike you ride plus all the forces involved hitting your body.
A motorcycle is just a horse with an engine and wheels. Have you ridden a horse for an hour? That's the fun of a bike, that is rough, tough, jumpy, kicking, requires good skill to riding, not like a car that drives by itself.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page