Yoshimura R-77 Slip-On Exhaust - Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By john2019

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 12:17 PM Thread Starter

Yoshimura R-77 Slip-On Exhaust

Do you guys know if this Slip-On Exhaust works on the CB500F 2019 model? The exhaust on this newer model is totally different from the ones before 2019 models.
Have you guys installed it, if so, how do you like it, how does is sound, how does it work? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 11:44 AM Thread Starter

Update to my own post.

I discovered that here California USA is prohibited to install an after market Slip-on on this motorcycle. I checked every motorcycle after market shop and distributor and no one carries or sell a Yoshimura, Akrapovic or any other brand for my bike.

So, I am out of luck, but in the meantime, I installed a cheap one and it sounds a little louder that the stock one, but I still need something that would have more rumbling deep sound.
I want cars to hear me and feel me rather than seeing me when I'm coming close to them.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john2019 View Post
Update to my own post.

I discovered that here California USA is prohibited to install an after market Slip-on on this motorcycle. I checked every motorcycle after market shop and distributor and no one carries or sell a Yoshimura, Akrapovic or any other brand for my bike.

So, I am out of luck, but in the meantime, I installed a cheap one and it sounds a little louder that the stock one, but I still need something that would have more rumbling deep sound.
I want cars to hear me and feel me rather than seeing me when I'm coming close to them.
John, are you saying they're not legal and the shops don't carry them? Or that a slip-on's not available for the 2019 CB500F?
The link I have is a vendor showing an "Akrapovic" that shows an exact fit for a 2019 CB500F. I've no idea if it's legal in California, but it's there.
https://www.motosport.com/motorcycle/slip-ons

To ride or not to ride? What a stupid question!... Anon

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 05:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by airhead83 View Post
John, are you saying they're not legal and the shops don't carry them? Or that a slip-on's not available for the 2019 CB500F?
The link I have is a vendor showing an "Akrapovic" that shows an exact fit for a 2019 CB500F. I've no idea if it's legal in California, but it's there.
https://www.motosport.com/motorcycle/slip-ons
Yes, it is illegal in California.
You can burn yourself buying drugs legally here in California but cannot buy a Slip-on to make noise for safety purposes.
airhead83 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page