Anyone try this windscreen? - Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 09:54 PM Thread Starter

Anyone try this windscreen?

As the title says Iím looking for a windshield for my bike I have risen it on the hwy several times so far and the wind is just crazy and I was looking for something to make it a bit more bare able. I donít want to ruin the look of the bike by putting some crazy big screen on it. I love how it looks but I feel like I need something. I found this one on eBay and it seems to be the best suited one I can find for it I wasnít sure if anyone else here has used it or not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 08:37 AM

It appears similar to the PUIG I used to have. They really look great on this bike, but I found out that mine didn't do much for windage at all. I sold it because I am not that interested in appearances and purchased a Spitfire which works much better, but admittedly, doesn't look so great!

"The difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't change every time congress meets." - Will Rogers
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 09:26 AM

Location: Sonoma County, California & Borrego Springs, California
As Pied said it looks similar to the PUIG which I use & actually like. For me it seems to take wind pressure off the torso area. It works for what it is. Seems about as pricy as the one you have pictured. Photo below. It mounts very cleanly.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg A5267023-A54B-4617-9946-0D85E788F9E3.jpg (366.9 KB, 18 views)

Ride like your life depends on it.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 11:13 AM Thread Starter

Cool as long as it takes it off my torso is what Iím looking for head is not a big issue. And that is in Canadian funds so itís not a terrible price and I like the corrugated look it has. I find it fits the angular look of the bike really well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 02:58 AM

Try a cheap adjustable one

I got a cheap adjustable from ebay for ~$20. Angle, height etc. are adjustable and it does make a difference at higher speed. The mounting is good quality but the screen itself had some scratches. Since its below the line of sight, its functionally not a problem.

I cant post links, but the item title on ebay was "Adjustable Motorbike Windscreen Wind Deflector Windshield for Kawasaki Honda KTM". There are many identical variants.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 08:02 PM

carey965

I have the Puig, which I have no use for since I sold my red 2014 CB500FA a couple of year ago. I'm in the Vancouver, B.C. area. Let me know if you are interested.

2014 CB500FA

Admore Lighting LED Light Bar
Tyga Performance tire hugger
Grip Puppies
Oxford X-1 tank bag
Nelson-Rigg CL-1025-MG tank bag
Nelson-Rigg CL-1060-S tail bag
Nelson-Rigg CL-950 saddle bags
Honda Optimate 3 battery charger
Oxford Aquatex cover
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-21-2019, 12:36 PM

Location: beautiful Fogo Island, a one hour ferry ride off the northeast coast of Newfoundland
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewbie View Post
carey965 I have the Puig, which I have no use for since I sold my red 2014 CB500FA a couple of year ago. I'm in the Vancouver, B.C. area. Let me know if you are interested.
Oh My Gosh, Stewbie!! I thought that we had lost you forever! How have you been keeping, my fellow Canuck? I'm still a little sad that you sold your beautiful bike and left our forum, but hey, it's great to see you on here again. So I have to ask... don't you miss riding?

Glen
www.FocusOnNewfoundland.com

2014 HONDA CB500FA
CB300F mirrors
R&G "aero" frame sliders
The2Wheels adjustable levers
SupaBrake-II brake light modulator
SJCAM SJ4000 camera
Cortech Super 2.0 tail bag
Taylor33 rim tape
Grip Puppies
CNC kickstand foot
thermometer
QDC harness/USB phone charger
Furygan leather gloves
Xelement leather jacket
NexGen riding boots
HJC CL-17 Redline helmet/Pinlock insert
Oxford paddock stands
Nelson-Rigg deluxe cover
Battery Tender Junior
cable lock

2014 YAMAHA V-STAR CUSTOM
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Today, 08:15 AM

Not a direct answer to your question but since it's related I'm just mentioning that the Puig CB500F-specific screen for recent (2016 on) models is NOT like this one (the style I wanted), it's flat-ish and squarish with "bat ears". And most of all it's TINY! The marketing pictures showed it looking a decent size against the bike, but in reality when put in position it barely cleared my handlebars! An immediate return. So if anyone is looking at this forum for information on good, wind blocking screens, I wouldn't recommend the current model Puig.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page