Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

Anyone try this windscreen?

5K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  Natrix 
#1 ·
As the title says I’m looking for a windshield for my bike I have risen it on the hwy several times so far and the wind is just crazy and I was looking for something to make it a bit more bare able. I don’t want to ruin the look of the bike by putting some crazy big screen on it. I love how it looks but I feel like I need something. I found this one on eBay and it seems to be the best suited one I can find for it I wasn’t sure if anyone else here has used it or not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#2 ·
It appears similar to the PUIG I used to have. They really look great on this bike, but I found out that mine didn't do much for windage at all. I sold it because I am not that interested in appearances and purchased a Spitfire which works much better, but admittedly, doesn't look so great!

#4 ·
Cool as long as it takes it off my torso is what I’m looking for head is not a big issue. And that is in Canadian funds so it’s not a terrible price and I like the corrugated look it has. I find it fits the angular look of the bike really well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 ·
Try a cheap adjustable one

I got a cheap adjustable from ebay for ~$20. Angle, height etc. are adjustable and it does make a difference at higher speed. The mounting is good quality but the screen itself had some scratches. Since its below the line of sight, its functionally not a problem.

I cant post links, but the item title on ebay was "Adjustable Motorbike Windscreen Wind Deflector Windshield for Kawasaki Honda KTM". There are many identical variants.

#6 ·
carey965

I have the Puig, which I have no use for since I sold my red 2014 CB500FA a couple of year ago. I'm in the Vancouver, B.C. area. Let me know if you are interested.

#7 ·
carey965 I have the Puig, which I have no use for since I sold my red 2014 CB500FA a couple of year ago. I'm in the Vancouver, B.C. area. Let me know if you are interested.
Oh My Gosh, Stewbie!! I thought that we had lost you forever! How have you been keeping, my fellow Canuck? I'm still a little sad that you sold your beautiful bike and left our forum, but hey, it's great to see you on here again. So I have to ask... don't you miss riding?

Glen
www.FocusOnNewfoundland.com

#8 ·
Not a direct answer to your question but since it's related I'm just mentioning that the Puig CB500F-specific screen for recent (2016 on) models is NOT like this one (the style I wanted), it's flat-ish and squarish with "bat ears". And most of all it's TINY! The marketing pictures showed it looking a decent size against the bike, but in reality when put in position it barely cleared my handlebars! An immediate return. So if anyone is looking at this forum for information on good, wind blocking screens, I wouldn't recommend the current model Puig.

#13 ·
We were taught at work in a noisy factory how to "install" ear plugs as you describe.

What they said that really helped me get them in properly was to take your opposite hand (if doing left ear, use right hand) and reach OVER your head and pull up on your ear as you take your remaining hand and insert the ear plug. It seems to "open" up the ear canal a bit and allows for easier insertion of the plug.

#15 ·
I use these :
Howard Leight MAX-1 Uncorded NR33 Foam Earplugs Box, 200 Pair (Orange)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0013A0C0Y/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_VpjiEbC2WTWK9

As stated above, pulling up on your ear during insertion will help (you might experiment with different pull angles to better suit your own canal shape), and wait until they’ve expanded before putting on your helmet.

Reactions: PiedmontBuckeye
#16 ·
When I worked in a large plastics factory (Rubbermaid) we supplied all the floor employees with ear plugs. We offered about 12 different styles.

If you go to Mcmaster.com and check, you can find all sorts of styles.

What I didn't like about the spongy ones is that one can roll them up and insert them, and as they expand, they provide a good seal, but they also exerted pressure and that gave me headaches. I went with the type that had "rings" around them and the rings would provide several layers of noise stoppage. That's what I use.

#17 ·
I went with the type that had "rings" around them and the rings would provide several layers of noise stoppage. That's what I use.
I love those ringed/ribbed ones. Had a pair that I used for yard work but lost them. So easy to insert, even with gloves (they had a stem). Need to get some more. Never saw any that didn't have a long-ish stem, which is why I never tried them for riding. Will have to check some of those out at the McMaster site. Would save me some time and hassle at the track for sure (hate waiting for the foamies to finish expanding).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.