Anyone have a good fender eliminator? - Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By WiscoTwisties
  • 1 Post By PDXrider

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2019, 12:05 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Anyone have a good fender eliminator?

So I got the R&G racing tail tidy kit for my 2014 500f. The install wasn't too bad until the last step of installing the plate that protects the wiring underneath. It didn't fit the contour of the back end at all. I had a buddy help me bend the metal quite significantly to fit, but it still looks awful. I reached out to R&G and they sent me a new one for free. Before I go trying this again, anyone have a recommendation for a tail tidy that they like. From what I've seen, anything later than 2016 wont fit my bike the same (let me know if I'm wrong). My goal is also to switch to an integrated tail light, but the R&G tail tidy has housing for the blinkers that I could do without.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2019, 05:45 PM

Was yours possibly bent or damaged in shipping? I have the R&G on my 13 and the bottom plate fits snug with no noticeable gaps.
Old 06-21-2019, 09:18 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCarrithers View Post
Was yours possibly bent or damaged in shipping? I have the R&G on my 13 and the bottom plate fits snug with no noticeable gaps.
I didn't notice any damage, they might have possibly sent me one for a different model. I did watch a tutorial video of someone installing one on their 500x. That one didn't fit quite perfect, but far better than mine.

Old 06-21-2019, 10:37 AM

Make sure you have the plastic spacers installed between the license plate frame and the stock bolt holes. Also make sure you cut the sub frame section shorter than the stock bolts holes are hanging. I noticed when I installed mine I missed the plastic spacers and tightened it too tight and the bottom plate wouldnt fit. Also another suggestion is to install the 2 bolts with the spacers snug and then install the bottom plate, then tighten fully. The plate will pull up a little creating a nice snug fit. My R&G kit fit perfectly on my '14. I also installed the integrated tail light from AutoDynamics but didnt hook up the blinkers due to it not being legal here.
airhead83 likes this.
Old 06-25-2019, 10:09 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiscoTwisties View Post
Make sure you have the plastic spacers installed between the license plate frame and the stock bolt holes. Also make sure you cut the sub frame section shorter than the stock bolts holes are hanging. I noticed when I installed mine I missed the plastic spacers and tightened it too tight and the bottom plate wouldnt fit. Also another suggestion is to install the 2 bolts with the spacers snug and then install the bottom plate, then tighten fully. The plate will pull up a little creating a nice snug fit. My R&G kit fit perfectly on my '14. I also installed the integrated tail light from AutoDynamics but didnt hook up the blinkers due to it not being legal here.
I'll have to keep this in mind. Do you happen to have any pictures you could share? Thanks for the feedback.
Old 06-26-2019, 04:56 PM

I used the Vagabond Motorsports eliminator for my 2016. Looks good and was a breeze to install. Has slots for the oem lights and aftermarket and uses the factory plate light as well. However, not sure if the application is different for your year.
Geddy Lifeson likes this.
Old 06-26-2019, 10:12 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCarrithers View Post
I have the same eliminator on my '13 without any issues. Fit snugly enough once I glued the beading onto the plate. I've had it on for 12 months without any issues at all.

Also, you won't be able to use any eliminator kits for '16 on wards as they changed the rear end for the newer models.

2013 CB500F

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in