Road 5's - Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By PiedmontBuckeye

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 03:15 AM Thread Starter

Road 5's

I recently fitted a new set of Road 5's to my Honda CB500 FA and would like some input from anyone using similar tires regarding pressures for fast back road and canyon riding---lots of fast cornering.

Thanks, Rain.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 08:41 AM

Garage
Welcome to the forum!

Here's a thread on the subject.

https://www.cbr500riders.com/forum/c...l-economy.html

Personally I haven't experimented too much with tire pressures up until now but for this season, I've prepped my bike with 34/38 F/R set-up to see how that will work out.

I'd be very interested to know what your thoughts are on the Road 5s as I've been watching them since their introduction last year and are on my list of possible replacements for all-round wet and dry spirited riding.

2015 CB500F
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 12:49 AM

Let us know how those perform. Getting new tires soon and those are on top of my list.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 02:05 AM Thread Starter

Well, so far, absolutely incredible!

I'm usually very doubtful of most of the sponsored riders reviews and reports on tire tests, especially when it's a shop who wants to sell more tires.

However, all of the favorable test results in this case seem to be true. These Road 5's are a real breakthrough in tire design and technology. I was definitely doubtful after reading numerous test results and reports on them, but in the short time I have been using them, the Road 5's have actually exceeded my expectations.

A few of my riding mates who use these tires pushed me onto them, telling me how good they are in all conditions, and while I trust their judgement I had to find out for myself if what everyone was saying was true.

All I can say to you guys is: Try Them. They promote great confidence in all conditions and are very very stable even in weather that only maniac motorcycle riders would ride in, eg: raining cats and dogs...

In the dry, really excellent grip at maximum lean angles, the smooth outside edges of the tires stick like glue to the road and behave like slicks, soft and sticky when hot.

I'm still finding their limits of adhesion, pushing harder every time I ride them, and I ride every day.

Rain.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 06:32 AM

Garage
Rain, you’ve only ever posted twice on this forum and it is about these tyres. Your wording is a bit too “promotional” - “the smooth edges....”.

Im calling BS. You’re not a genuine poster.

I’ve had MPR4s before and they were great. So I’m not hating on the tyres.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mods:
I took the stickers off when I was bored
Black CNC Preload Fork Cap Adjusters
Titanium short adjustable CNC brake / clutch levers
Phone mount with USB charger
MPR4 tyres
Custom registration plate
GPR Furore Nero exhaust
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 02:48 AM Thread Starter

I don't mind, hills....

However, as a PR4 rider, you should try the new R5's for yourself before you call BS on me.

I used to swear by Dunlops I ran them on all my bikes, and they were great. Then the Q3's became available so I switched up to them. Amazing grip, but I was chewing through a set every month. The only real problem with the Q3's apart from the fast wear was they were dicey in the wet.

Then the Q3+ came out and I switched up to them, but they have the same problems as the Q3's. They are incredible in dry conditions but not good in the wet, and they wear very quickly.

So....on advice from some fast riders I trust, I decided to try these new R5's to see if I could still get good dry weather grip and longer wear as well as much improved wet weather adhesion.

My only problem so far is determining the best air pressures for them, which is why I posted up my original question.

As far as posting on forums goes, I'm usually much too busy riding or tuning bikes, my own and other riders, to post on forums.

Up to you to try whatever you want, if the PR4's suit you then stick with them.

However, you don't know what you are missing if you don't try the R5's.

Thanks, Rain.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 10:22 AM

This is the only m/c website I have been on where people actually go out of their to cause & stir up conflicts.

And I've been a member of quite a few!
Plasma1 likes this.

"The difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't change every time congress meets." - Will Rogers
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillscbr View Post
Rain, you’ve only ever posted twice on this forum and it is about these tyres. Your wording is a bit too “promotional” - “the smooth edges....”.

Im calling BS. You’re not a genuine poster.

So what?

"The difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't change every time congress meets." - Will Rogers
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 01:57 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain View Post
However, as a PR4 rider, you should try the new R5's for yourself before you call BS on me. /// many more words ///
What bike are you riding?

If at first you don’t succeed, don’t become a Paratrooper.”
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old Today, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiedmontBuckeye View Post
This is the only m/c website I have been on where people actually go out of their to cause & stir up conflicts.

And I've been a member of quite a few!

Pied is right , no need for posts like this, this is a great site, let’s keep it like that.

Plasma1

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page