LED headlight - Page 2 - Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-29-2018, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone View Post
I specifically bought a 2016 model because all the reviews said the LED headlamp is better then the previous one.

And the first time I used it was coming home on an unlit motorway after visiting my sister last winter. Absolutely terrifying experience, I found a lorry and just sat behind it. And even when back in well lit London I forget to dip the headlamp because no oncoming traffic was dazzled by it.

If that is better I cannot imagine how bad the 2013Ė15 ones must be.

I am definitely going to add some LEDs too The only thing that is holding me back is I need to see where and how other people have mounted theirs.
2013-2015 cbr500r halogen headlights are not bad at all to start with. upgrading to Osram nightbreaker or Philips xtremeVision will make them much better.

adding LED spot lights to the 2016 model will definitely improve the chances of being seen by oncoming drivers but won't improve the rider's visibility by much.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-29-2018, 10:57 PM

I have a 2014 500F. Brightest headlight of any bike I've ever owned.
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-01-2018, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambams View Post
And I should have also asked: did you replace both bulbs or just the brights?
Sorry for the late reply, bambams:

One bulb for both the high and low beam in my bike and I definitely do not subscribe to the "too bright" theory. I think it's one of the best "safety" mods you can install and I haven't been flashed by one oncoming driver yet. I also think the visibility is increased tremendously over the stock lights (especially on my bike). I have before and after pictures and the difference is amazing.

Best,

Rossi
bambams likes this.

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-15-2019, 03:55 PM

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundude901 View Post
Iím thinking about something similar to this, just get the appropriate mount for our bike. For for the light...Iím not sure about that yet. Maybe the Denali D2 or DR1? I havenít look to much into the light just yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
did you ever fit spot lights after? without full beam i dont feel very comfortable and curious to see what others have done with lighting and where/how they have been fitted
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 03:15 PM

My daughter has a 2014 CBR500R (twin headlights, one is low beam (is on all the time) and the other is a high beam light. I replaced both bulbs with LED bulbs (Cyclops 7000lm, they are well known and not cheap) and the difference was huge.. Highly recommended..

Gary

Last edited by Thrasherg; 03-01-2019 at 12:26 PM.
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 07:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasherg View Post
My daughter has a CBR500R (twin headlights, one is low beam (is on all the time) and the other is a high beam light. I replaced both bulbs with LED bulbs (I forget the company, but they are well known and not cheap) and the difference was huge.. Highly recommended..

Gary
Thanks for your response. Unfortunately, these bikes (2016+ F) come with very weak LEDs from the factory. They suck, and I'm pretty sure you cant replace them without replacing the whole headlight assembly.

If I'm wrong, somebody please enlighten me.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 09:17 AM

Garage
The led lights appear ok to me at night.
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 04:26 PM

Just picked up my 2019 Cb500F, the dipped and full beam LED light seem to be more than adequate to me.
Oyabun likes this.
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 05:00 PM

Most of us would be better off just replacing the whole front assembly together and getting some proper lighting instead of slapping $300, $400 sets of auxillary lights just to be able to see.
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 09:15 PM

Anyone know if the LED light has been improved over time? My 18 F has a pretty good wide light output on low beam. The high beam doesn’t really do much other then fill in a little more light in the center and increase the height of the beam slightly. Overall, it was much better then I expected after hearing people in here saying how awful it was. That being said, when going through curves, the light pattern narrows into a very thin area and doesn’t go as far, so perhaps that’s what others have complained about.

I hear the 19 F has a slightly different shaped headlight and dual lens. I wonder if it’s been improved a lot and whether it can be retrofitted....

2018 CB500F ABS

Last edited by carfreak09; 03-24-2019 at 09:23 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page