Seat cushion, worth it? - Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-23-2018, 06:31 PM Thread Starter

Seat cushion, worth it?

So i got a 2015 cb500f, and everytime i drive for more than 3-4 hours my ass goes numb and if i keep driving i start aching in my lower back.

I have actually planned to use the bike for a longer vacation during the summer. I will cover 2160 kilometers (1340 miles) over 6 days.

I was considering buying a cushion for my seat (Like the airhawk or tourtecs) to make the drive alittle more plesant, but have any of you actually tried them? Are they worth it?
Have read people complaining that whilst the cushion improve the comfort, it makes you sweat like crazy cause they are so warm.
Also, the slight backpain i experience might be from having to constantly lean alittle forward as i am a little tall for the bike. Adding a 5cm cushion would only make me have to lean forward a little extra, wich might in turn add to the backpain.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-23-2018, 06:43 PM

Garage
I did not find the Air Hawk useful.

I am trying an ATV seat cushion from Wal Mart now on another bike.

Less than $30, so I didn't break the bank.
No data on it yet.

2015 Honda CB500FA (Sold)
1989 Honda Interceptor 250 & 1988 Honda NT650
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-24-2018, 02:44 AM

Garage
Have you tried a pair of bicycle nicks (padded shorts) under your leathers instead of briefs/jocks, might save the bum on a long trip without increasing ride height.

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-24-2018, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david f View Post
Have you tried a pair of bicycle nicks (padded shorts) under your leathers instead of briefs/jocks, might save the bum on a long trip without increasing ride height.
+1,

Plasma1
Smaug likes this.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-24-2018, 07:12 AM

Garage
I think 3-4 hours on a seat whatever it is will not be comfortable. However, your body adapts and gets conditioned to most things so maybe give it a while and give your body time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
loloyd and GRIZZY like this.

Mods:
I took the stickers off when I was bored
Black CNC Preload Fork Cap Adjusters
Titanium short adjustable CNC brake / clutch levers
Phone mount with USB charger
MPR4 tyres
Custom registration plate
GPR Furore Nero exhaust
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-24-2018, 08:09 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillscbr View Post
I think 3-4 hours on a seat whatever it is will not be comfortable. However, your body adapts and gets conditioned to most things so maybe give it a while and give your body time.
Have had my bike for a year now, and the longest rides i've had have been about 6-7 hours.
Now by the time i reach the end of those 6-7 hours my lower back hurts like crazy. If you by "give it a while" mean "use the bike regularly for a year, and you should get used to it", it has not happened yet.
If you mean "Push through the pain til you're used to it!", I would really like to just avoid the pain entirely.

Also, I found that corbin offers a replacement seat thats made for better ergonomics, but it costs 300 dollars...
Corbin Motorcycle Seats & Accessories | Honda CB 500F | 800-538-7035
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-24-2018, 08:53 AM

Get the Corbin. Well worth it. I had the same issue and after more than a year just bit the bullet and bought it. I now rode non-stop for 2-3 hours and donít feel it. Havenít done anything longer since I got the seat but would be willing to bet it would be just as effective.
Snade and svemal like this.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-24-2018, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCarrithers View Post
Get the Corbin. Well worth it. I had the same issue and after more than a year just bit the bullet and bought it. I now rode non-stop for 2-3 hours and donít feel it. Havenít done anything longer since I got the seat but would be willing to bet it would be just as effective.

I don't think Corbin do a seat for the later models.

Plasma1
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-24-2018, 02:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCarrithers View Post
Thanks for the feedback. Im planing on selling the bike at the end of 2019 / start of 2020 as im going from an A2 to an A license (Meaning i can up the engine-power). And here in europe, a seat from corbin costs £393.90, not including shipping. Wich im not willing to pay as im a student for the next 2 years. Had it been below 270 or lower, i would consider it.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-24-2018, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svemal View Post
Thanks for the feedback. Im planing on selling the bike at the end of 2019 / start of 2020 as im going from an A2 to an A license (Meaning i can up the engine-power). And here in europe, a seat from corbin costs £393.90, not including shipping. Wich im not willing to pay as im a student for the next 2 years. Had it been below 270 or lower, i would consider it.
Wow! That is pricey and I can definitely understand why you wouldnít spend that on it given you wonít be keeping her. Good luck with whatever option you try.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page