Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums

Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums (https://www.cbr500riders.com/forum/)
-   Electronics (https://www.cbr500riders.com/forum/electronics/)
-   -   ECU Flash (https://www.cbr500riders.com/forum/electronics/59250-ecu-flash.html)

Mntnr 07-31-2016 08:33 AM

ECU Flash

Does anyone know where I can send my ECU to get it flashed? I know there's tuners I can buy but I don't want one of those. I am having a hard time finding someplace that flashes 500r ECU's though.

Oyabun 07-31-2016 09:25 AM

To my knowledge no one has done a credible flash on the factory ecu so far.

granteuk 08-01-2016 02:59 AM

ECU reflash

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oyabun (Post 756890)
To my knowledge no one has done a credible flash on the factory ecu so far.

yes they have.
I contacted a crowd in Aussie that can do it. one moment please.......

granteuk 08-01-2016 03:03 AM

quoted from email response to my enquiry on this exact subject. Was asked if he could reflash CBR500R ecu. Contact the company for more info, as I know nothing else about it, other than He can do it with the whole bike there, or just by send ecu by courier and have it flashed and returned back. thanks

" Yes I can offer a flash for that model bike.

Regards
David Edgecombe
Dynobike

Ph 0395530018
Web - Dynobike Motorcycle Performance Workshop
Address - 2/1 Winston Court, Moorabbin, Victoria 3189
Australia "

Oyabun 08-01-2016 05:38 AM

Good to hear, but I still hold my above statement which is "To my knowledge no one has done a credible flash on the factory ecu so far"

- Haven't heard of anyone who has got a flashed ecu on a CB(RFX)500
- Haven't seen any dyno graphs about it - even though that is the best marketing for any tuner who has ever done anything
- Haven't heard of anyone else ever came up with a flash on his particular Honda ECU

The guy seems to be a credible chap though, and hopefully the OP has enough cash to burn on this and we'll see some results - Dynobike's facebook page sais that the first customer having a map for the 500 will get 100 bucks discount.

For those who are not technically minded a simple flash with some bolt-on stuff might be OK, but I personally don't believe in going from stock to another generic map - so rather a custom map then.
As I'm always tinkering on something - I stay with the wideband sensor, and aftermarket piggyback combination whether it is a PCV, a Bazzaz or other, as it can be modified by me and has constant feedback on my tune.

tothezenith 08-01-2016 07:37 AM

exactly, need proof otherwise it's just heresay.
It's good of him to offer a discount for the first, just need someone willing to be the guinea pig.

granteuk 08-01-2016 09:20 PM

ok. fair comments.

the guy gave me the impression he had done a few before because he stated in his email "he'd always had a whole bike to work with" and went on to say mine would be the first one he'd done by mail order (ie, ecu only)

Mntnr 08-04-2016 07:55 PM

All good comments thanks guys. I will check with Dynobike and see what they say. A buddy of mine also mentioned superbikeunlimited.com so I am going to check with them also.

PuffTheMagic 04-13-2018 05:00 PM

Anyone still interested in ECU flashing? I know how to flash these ECUs.

JCarrithers 04-13-2018 10:15 PM

Would it be a “mail it in” one time type thing or is there hardware and software available that would allow for user adjustments, data logging and Dyno tuning? I originally looked into this before buying my PC-V and found nothing that would allow this. If that is available now, that could be interesting.