Insurance Cost - Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums
 18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-21-2019, 12:42 PM Thread Starter

Insurance Cost

Just had my renewal notice for my 2018 CB500F although not due until 18 December.
Last year was £78, fully comprehensive, this year they wanted £103.68
As usual used the online comparison sites and found the same for £75.38

After phoning my current broker and told them that I could get it cheaper they had another look and said they would do it for £71.35 for another year.
Why do insurance company assume that you don't mind getting ripped off.
So I renewed for £71.35 which covers fully comprehensive, Europe travelling and can ride any other bike with owners permission.
Be interesting to see what other peeps pay around the world.

Plasma1 and ADIOS600 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-21-2019, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldRocker View Post
Just had my renewal notice for my 2018 CB500F although not due until 18 December.
Last year was £78, fully comprehensive, this year they wanted £103.68
As usual used the online comparison sites and found the same for £75.38

After phoning my current broker and told them that I could get it cheaper they had another look and said they would do it for £71.35 for another year.
Why do insurance company assume that you don't mind getting ripped off.
So I renewed for £71.35 which covers fully comprehensive, Europe travelling and can ride any other bike with owners permission.
Be interesting to see what other peeps pay around the world.

Thats a Very good quote, which company did you go with.

Plasma1
glencoeman and OldRocker like this.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-21-2019, 01:17 PM Thread Starter

I used Express Insurance Services, part of Carol Nash insurance brokers ( and far cheaper) You can get them via mcn (motorcycle news) online comparison insurance. Then telephone them so they don't pay comission to comparison sites.
sshh tel 0800 049 0218.

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-21-2019, 09:17 PM

Location: Sonoma County, California & Borrego Springs, California
It never hurts to give the shout & be the squeaky wheel. As in many things you are always your own best advocate. They would rather not leave your money on the table. As the First World becomes more like the Third World you must bargain with the powers that be.
airhead83 likes this.

Ride like your life depends on it.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-22-2019, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motohonace View Post
As the First World becomes more like the Third World you must bargain with the powers that be.
Thanks for reaffirming for me that I'm not just going stark raving mad. When I get so upset at today's "Idiot Tweets" and news coverage, I usually end up spitting on the kitchen floor and running after while kicking at the neighbor's dog. The whole *** world seems to have turned into a reality program. OK, off my soap box. And before all those bad remarks, I never can keep up with the neighbors dog, he's much too fast for me.
Plasma1 and OldRocker like this.

To ride or not to ride? What a stupid question!... Anon
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-22-2019, 05:00 PM

With advancing age (and I have more than my share of that!) generally comes the acquisition of some things of substance, which requires that one of prudence insure very fully. The USA is a very litigious society, with lawyers trolling for business like hungry sharks. Accordingly, I carry lots of personal liability insurance and full coverage on my two bikes, two cars and a pick-up truck. When I got the new (left-over) 2017 CB-500F last spring, my insurer of 60 years, USAA (available only to military veterans and their families) wanted $1100 USD for my coverage, which heretofore had been half that. They advised me that they no longer wished to provide coverage for motorcycles, such as my 2016 Suzuki DR-650 "enduro" and had contracted their motorcycle insurance business elsewhere. Just as well, as this got me checking other insurers of known, high quality reputation. I settled on GEICO, which astonished me by offering exactly the coverage I'd had with USAA for $570 USD FOR BOTH MOTORCYCLES! I dealt with "Ann" of the Austin, TX GEICO office and she was wonderful.

I might add that my only claim submission to USAA in 60+ years was in 1971, when my Honda CB-450 was stolen and then was recovered by the police, with $56 of damage, for which USAA reimbursed me.

The moral of my story is, "Always shop around. It may save you a packet!"

Ralph

"You don't stop riding because you got old...You got old because you stopped riding,"
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-22-2019, 11:55 PM

Location: Sonoma County, California & Borrego Springs, California
Yes to GIECO for insurance on motos in the US. My prior insurance agency, AAA, does not insure bikes, at least not in my state. I shopped around & GIECO gave an excellent quote. So good in fact that I also switched & insured my autos with them too.
airhead83 likes this.

Ride like your life depends on it.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-23-2019, 02:47 AM

I pay $14 per month for 300/100 full coverage on my 2013 CBR500R. I was quite amazed how cheap insurance was with State Farm.

2013 CBR500R - Black Widow Header, LeoVince Carbon Slip-on, iDEA Gear Indicator, RIDE IT adjustable shorty levers.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-23-2019, 06:38 AM

State Farm here also. $237 a year for 300/100 full coverage in S Florida. Would be even less if we weren’t a “no fault” state.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-23-2019, 11:42 PM

Full coverage doesn’t exist. Be sure to review your policy for needed coverage.
airhead83 likes this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicboom View Post
That would send the tank up into your head and then probably blow your balls off, if you have those.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page