Insurance Cost - Page 2 - Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums
 18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-24-2019, 09:57 AM

Jamespz03, I get your point that we can't take for granted our insurance coverage is enough. But that sounds a little gloomy. That's like saying we're all predestined to die, and have no say so in what happens afterwards. IMO, that's probably more likely than not. Non the less, I lean towards hedging my bets by being a trifle more generous and forgiving. Fingers crossed, expect little, and hope for the best. After all, that's basically what I do with my insurance when I submit a claim..

To ride or not to ride? What a stupid question!... Anon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-24-2019, 11:20 AM

I changed mine to a year at a time like my other vehicles and it ended up being $302

Not bad for my age I think.
airhead83 likes this.

2014 CB500F White
16T counter sprocket
IXIL hyperlow slipon
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-24-2019, 12:31 PM Thread Starter

Slevin
I also shop around a month before renewal as here in the UK they always try to rip you off when insurance is due.
BTW I am 72 and still kicking (no dogs or animals though).
airhead83 likes this.

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-25-2019, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldRocker View Post
Slevin
I also shop around a month before renewal as here in the UK they always try to rip you off when insurance is due.
BTW I am 72 and still kicking (no dogs or animals though).
I'll definitely give it a shot. I'm 26 and until a month or two ago I had three vehicles in my name to insure and then the wife's one, plus a house.

It ended up being cheaper to split the motorcycle from the other vehicles and one vehicle now has collector vehicle insurance, which coincidentally ended up the same price as the motorcycle for the year.

2014 CB500F White
16T counter sprocket
IXIL hyperlow slipon
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-01-2019, 11:42 AM Thread Starter

Good job you don't live in British Columbia, Canada. The only insurance you can get is ICBC which is run by the state/government, no negotiation or competitive insurance over there.
airhead83 likes this.
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-01-2019, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldRocker View Post
Good job you don't live in British Columbia, Canada. The only insurance you can get is ICBC which is run by the state/government, no negotiation or competitive insurance over there.
Some, if not all, states require insurance rates to be overseen and "regulated" by a State appointed Board of Commissioners. Since the Banking/Insurance business sectors are huge campaign contributors and Lobbyist here in the "Divided States", allowed rates seldom have the public's true well being at heart. But, some companies are more generous than others within those set rate boundaries. Insurance is only one of many business segments of our "Free Market"... that are not really free market.
OldRocker likes this.

To ride or not to ride? What a stupid question!... Anon

Last edited by airhead83; 12-01-2019 at 04:56 PM.
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 12:50 PM Thread Starter

Similar to the UK then, we have various insurers but most are only using one or actual brokers. We have comparison sites who get a rake off if you insure through them. We have regulators run by the government on various things including insurers and (w) bankers. Also get no claims bonus by insurers if you haven't had an accident or caught speeding by the cops and points on your license. Def a free world - not !
airhead83 likes this.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-05-2019, 10:30 AM

Garage
33/M USA here, I just paid my insurance so it's fresh on my mind. I've got State Farm. Liability coverage 250k/500k and property damage 100k. $26/6mo.
airhead83 likes this.

2017 CBR500R - 12k miles

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page