15 CB500F out 19 MT07 in - Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-29-2019, 10:16 AM Thread Starter

15 CB500F out 19 MT07 in

Traded in CB500F and got a MT07, will be posting soon with a number of parts I have for sale.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg CBF3.jpg (518.4 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg MT07.jpg (350.9 KB, 21 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-29-2019, 10:57 AM

Garage
Not what you want to hear, but the MT07 is not nearly as pretty as your old CB500F

I hope you enjoy it.
motohonace and ADIOS600 like this.

2015 Honda CB500FA (Sold)
1989 Honda Interceptor 250 & 1988 Honda NT650
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-29-2019, 12:39 PM

Congrats. How would compare the new and old?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicboom View Post
That would send the tank up into your head and then probably blow your balls off, if you have those.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-29-2019, 07:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamespz03 View Post
Congrats. How would compare the new and old?
Bikes size wise are very similar, suspension on MT feels better than the CB500F did when new. I've only put 420 miles on MT so far and keeping somewhat within break guidelines but motor is the star of this bike. It's real free revving and not chocked up like some new bikes are. Power delivery is very linear and pulls good from low revs, torque is high low in the revs. Handlebars to high and narrow for me, a renthal ultralow bar is arriving tomorrow. Foot pegs for me need to be back more so probably going to get some rearsets. I ride on the curvy roads in the Smokey mountains and one other upgrade is to raise the rear end some to get more of a sportier handling. There's a company whom makes a suspension link that does this so I'll being emailing them soon. Dash has all the info I want and probably more than I need. I brought it from Bryon Powersports in Bryon Ga. they have some good deals.

https://www.byronpowersports.com/
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-04-2019, 02:15 PM

Thank you. Did you consider the MT-09?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicboom View Post
That would send the tank up into your head and then probably blow your balls off, if you have those.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-05-2019, 06:39 AM Thread Starter

No I did not look at MT09's as in my opinion they look a little strange, like the gas tanks to high or something. There are many of them always up on 129 Dragon and appear to be good bikes, but I'm not a fan.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-06-2019, 08:06 AM

How are you getting on with your MT? I did it the other way round as after 50 miles had a numb backside, ok the CB500f I brought has a better seat than the mt although not perfect. I prefer the older ('97) double seats as they are far more comfortable than the ones we get on bikes nowadays. Trumpets & Kwaka W800 still do them but I don't need/want a bigger engine bike.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-06-2019, 01:03 PM Thread Starter

Currently it is sitting in the middle of my garage with no exhaust (stock system weighted 15 lbs.) as I'm awaiting the arrival of a akrapovic full exhaust system via FEDEX. Seat isn't an issue with me as I ride about 60-70 miles and take a break anyhow. You should ride my RC390 that has a 3/4 inch foam pad as a seat. So far other than what I mentioned above it feels like it's geared high so probably going to change sprockets. I will have to send the ECU off for a reflash to match exhaust. I put on Renthal ultra low bars so that's sorted. I don't trust the B23's tires so much as they feel hard to me and I lack confidence in them while leaned over so probably order a set of S22's that I normal put on my bikes. This is my second Yamaha I've owned, first one was a 1977 or 8, XS650 that I had brought used in the early eighties.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-06-2019, 03:56 PM

I love how that cross plane twin sounds with a full Akra.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-06-2019, 07:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oyabun View Post
I love how that cross plane twin sounds with a full Akra.
Agree that's why I spent the money and got this pipe. It just arrived, this is a "proper kit" as they say in the UK. It even came with a tube of copper grease for the threads of the O2 sensor.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page