OPT7 Fluxbeam LED conversion - Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums
 3Likes
  • 2 Post By chzeckmate
  • 1 Post By geronimo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 10:34 PM Thread Starter

OPT7 Fluxbeam LED conversion

As many of you are aware, I've been running a 55w HID kit for my low beam for quite some time, but this evening I had the opportunity to get my hands on the aforementioned LED kit. It's a plug and play affair that took only a few minutes to install after I removed my HID setup. Sadly, the ease of installation is pretty much the only thing good about it. The light output is seriously insufficient. I might go as far as to say dangerously insufficient, depending on conditions. I had high hopes for the OPT 7 kit, but they just aren't there with it yet. Unfortunately, I can't recommend it.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Plasma1 and airhead83 like this.

Male, 44yrs, 180lbs, 5'9", '14 (RWB), 22k miles, Bridgestone BT023, Vortex V3 kit, Rotella T6, KN-204 filter, 87 Octane, Maxima Chain Wax, Puig 6479W windscreen, clear signal lenses, Fork Preload caps, T-Rex spools, Radiator guard, Shorty adjustable levers, Fork stem RAM mount/USB port, red/black alum grips, 300R Rear tire hugger, Rear seat cowl, LED engine/undertail lights w/RF remote, LED position light, Sea level, city commuter, spirited rider, turn my own wrenches.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 12:03 AM

What don't you like about it? The light spread? Not bright enough? I had a XKGLOW LITE LED bulb in my CB300F and it was decent. Spread was nice and wide and the white output was nice, but the visibility was just a tad lower and the high beam was very direct.
chzeckmate likes this.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 12:23 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by geronimo View Post
What don't you like about it? The light spread? Not bright enough? I had a XKGLOW LITE LED bulb in my CB300F and it was decent. Spread was nice and wide and the white output was nice, but the visibility was just a tad lower and the high beam was very direct.
The color is good. No problem there. It's just not bright enough and the light isn't well focused. It doesn't penetrate far enough download and it fades away at the edges, making curves hard to see. To be honest, I like the stock halogen bulb better. I have heard that these perform better in the F models.

Male, 44yrs, 180lbs, 5'9", '14 (RWB), 22k miles, Bridgestone BT023, Vortex V3 kit, Rotella T6, KN-204 filter, 87 Octane, Maxima Chain Wax, Puig 6479W windscreen, clear signal lenses, Fork Preload caps, T-Rex spools, Radiator guard, Shorty adjustable levers, Fork stem RAM mount/USB port, red/black alum grips, 300R Rear tire hugger, Rear seat cowl, LED engine/undertail lights w/RF remote, LED position light, Sea level, city commuter, spirited rider, turn my own wrenches.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 12:23 AM

Garage
Curious to know the specifics of the gripe too, as I have the OPT7 Fkuxbeam 30W 6000K globes in mine and I rate them even better than my old HID setup.
My comparison was that the LED throws only slightly shorter than the hid but still markedly further them oem. But where hid tapers off in brightness, the led just kind good bright, bright, dark.

Obviously comparing a 30W led to a 55W hid it is bound to not be as bright, like I said through it is still significantly better than the paltry stock offering.

What makes
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 05:24 PM

I've have good luck with Morimoto LEDs. I have a set installed in my Volvo for 4 years and they are brighter than typical HIDs, run cool, and have been very reliable so far. I plan to get a set for my bike at some point.

2013 CBR500R - Black Widow Header, LeoVince Carbon Slip-on, iDEA Gear Indicator, RIDE IT adjustable shorty levers.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 05:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLSRacer View Post
I've have good luck with Morimoto LEDs. I have a set installed in my Volvo for 4 years and they are brighter than typical HIDs, run cool, and have been very reliable so far. I plan to get a set for my bike at some point.
Morimoto has a very fine reputation.

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-19-2019, 03:12 PM

Do the Moriomotos come in singles? I was only able to find them in pairs after doing a quick search. My commute home will be dark soon and I'm definitely in the market for something better than the stock bulb.

May give these a shot since I've had luck with them on my Z125 and CB300F.

https://www.xkglow.com/catalog/produ...onversion-kit/
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-31-2019, 01:52 PM Thread Starter

I want to briefly update this to mention that I moved the OPT 7 over to the high beam side and it's brilliant there. I'm not sure why there's such a huge difference, but it makes a fantastic high beam.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page