Which exhaust!? - Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 06:19 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Which exhaust!?

Hey all, wanting an exhuast just unsure on which one to get as ive been told several different things.... leaning toward a leo vince slip on... but a few people have said two brothers are good too?

Opinions??

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 08:44 PM

Garage
Dunno about the Leo but I had the Two Brothers carbon. I found its note a bit too much, like I couldn't stand to ride without ear plugs, even with its baffle inserted.
I since switched to a Yoshimura R-77 carbon, without the baffle it's still a little obnoxious but bearable, with baffle in it's a lot more pleasant for long rides and only sings loud when you give it the juice to do so.

Like with looks though, audio opinion is a personal taste. Best option is to go to a bike meet and ask to listen to what others have.
airhead83 likes this.

What makes
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 10:34 PM

Dan moto is pretty good, 150 bucks and nice deep tone.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 12:06 AM

I have a Leo Vince gp Corsa Evo slip on and it sounds really nice with the baffle out, you get pops and crackles on deceleration without being too obnoxious. With the baffle in it sounds similar to stock volume if you find it too loud. I definitely recommend it.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 12:16 AM

Garage
I prefer a little quieter and the pop and crackle wasn't to my liking; easy fix was I remove the PAIR system 😉

What makes
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 06:13 PM

just bought used Dan Moto..came today,, looks well built..might slip it on this weekend.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-23-2019, 01:57 PM

Garage
I have GPR Furore Nero. It sounds very nice! Many bikers have asked me about the exhaust as they like the sound.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-24-2019, 08:45 PM

I just received an Akrapovic muffler with connector pipe from E-bay for $72 USD including shipping. For that price, I had not expected it to be of great quality, even tho I know the brand is a good one. Well, it appears to live up to the Akrapovic reputation. Installed easily. I had to make a muffler hanger out of 1/8" x 1" mild steel "strap" but other than that the installation was very easy and secure. I rode 87 miles on it in one outing, half-expecting the faux carbon fiber muffler would have melted, but nothing of the sort. I was looking for a little bit more sound (not much) and with the decibel killer left in it is perfect for me. The new system weighs 4# versus the OEM boat anchor muffler's 11#, so a 7# weight reduction.

The vendor is "betterprice_motor" and they shipped very quickly and the packaging was very sturdy. I am really happy with this purchase and recommend it for anyone wanting a lighter muffler with a choice of a little more sound or a lot more at a bargain price. Shipped from Kentucky, USA.

Ralph

"You don't stop riding because you got old...You got old because you stopped riding,"
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-31-2019, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphG View Post
I just received an Akrapovic muffler with connector pipe from E-bay for $72 USD including shipping. For that price, I had not expected it to be of great quality, even tho I know the brand is a good one. Well, it appears to live up to the Akrapovic reputation. Installed easily. I had to make a muffler hanger out of 1/8" x 1" mild steel "strap" but other than that the installation was very easy and secure. I rode 87 miles on it in one outing, half-expecting the faux carbon fibre muffler would have melted, but nothing of the sort. I was looking for a little bit more sound (not much) and with the decibel killer left in it is perfect for me. The new system weighs 4# versus the OEM boat anchor muffler's 11#, so a 7# weight reduction.

The vendor is "betterprice_motor" and they shipped very quickly and the packaging was very sturdy. I am really happy with this purchase and recommend it for anyone wanting a lighter muffler with a choice of a little more sound or a lot more at a bargain price. Shipped from Kentucky, USA.

Ralph
Ralph, I can pretty much guarantee that it isn't actually an Akrapovic for that price, and with the faux carbon fibre. It's a knock off - which I think is fine to install!

I'd assume that the set I bought for my '07 Speed Triple a few years ago is similar to what you're describing. 2 slip-ons for $100 AUD shipped from Aliexpress, no link pipe though so it cost me another $110 AUD at an exhaust shop to get some adapters fabricated. They were available from some other sellers with "Akrapovic" or "Yoshimura" imitation stickers too. Like you describe, faux carbon fibre. They've held up well to almost 20,000 km and 2.5 years of use so I'm quite happy with my solution. They're pretty raucous with the baffles out though!

For my '14 500R I bought a second hand Yoshimura R77. I quite like it, although I've never had the baffle so I couldn't tell you about that. Makes the exhaust louder, but not disastrously so in my opinion, and a much clearer tone. A very small amount of burble and pop on deceleration.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-05-2019, 12:37 PM

I just stuck a Dan Moto on my 500r and was impressed with sound.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in