Possible new owner of a 2019 cbr500r and new member! - Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 12:44 PM Thread Starter

Possible new owner of a 2019 cbr500r and new member!

Hello all,

First of all, im new to this forum so i apologise if my posts etc may be in the wrong place etc. Bare with me!

Secondly, as the title says really, im looking to possibly purchase the new 2019 model cbr500r and i have a few questions and queries for you guys and girls.

Looking at the bike i can see a few things id like to change one being the bars, possibly a set of straight clip ons to replace the 2-2.5" riser bars for a more sporty feel and riding position and some nice rear sets again to improve rider positioning when riding hard. A slip on exhaust would also be on the list as the stock item looks a little naff.

There is very little info out there regarding the latest cbr500r being a new model so hopefully some of you owners could shed some light.

Cheers
Alex

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 06:43 PM

Location: Sonoma County, California & Borrego Springs, California
You can check out the review of the 2019 500r in Top Speed. Seems like a few things were tweaked when compared to earlier models. A a bit more hp & torque in the engine room, some plastic changes, a little sportier riding position, a slipper clutch etc. more of an evolution than revolution. I ride the more stayed F version from 2016. All in all these are great little all around bikes. If you do opt for one I suggest riding it for awhile before changing anything. Just check it out & go from there. You might end up liking the stock riding position. Of course if you really want to cut to the chase, lay down a bigger packet of money & buy the CBR600RR.

Ride like your life depends on it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page