Loose Mirror - Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Plasma1
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 03:05 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: wirral uk
Posts: 264
Loose Mirror

One of my mirrors has become loose in the vertical plane, is there any way of tightening it up.

Plasma1

Plasma1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 05:46 PM
Senior Member
 
PiedmontBuckeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 532
I am not sure what model you have, but mine is an F model. The mirrors are on the handlebars. If I remember correctly, there is a nut at the bottom where it screws into the mount and is adjustable. Also, I think one of the screws is left hand, not right hand.

"The difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't change every time congress meets." - Will Rogers
PiedmontBuckeye is offline  
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 04:00 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: wirral uk
Posts: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiedmontBuckeye View Post
I am not sure what model you have, but mine is an F model. The mirrors are on the handlebars. If I remember correctly, there is a nut at the bottom where it screws into the mount and is adjustable. Also, I think one of the screws is left hand, not right hand.



I have the F model , the mirror is loose in head part ,not the stem.


Plasma1
Plasma1 is offline  
 
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 09:21 AM
Senior Member
 
PiedmontBuckeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 532
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasma1 View Post
I have the F model , the mirror is loose in head part ,not the stem.
Plasma1
Gotcha!

"The difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't change every time congress meets." - Will Rogers
PiedmontBuckeye is offline  
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 09:11 AM
Member
 
airhead83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Burke Co. NC
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasma1 View Post
I have the F model , the mirror is loose in head part ,not the stem.


Plasma1
You may find a way to tighten the mirror, if not a new one may be the only fix. In case you want to stay OEM..
I have a link to a 2017 500F's parts schematic for mirrors. Not sure what year you have, (change the year if you like). The Honda parts numbers are listed, you may be able to search elsewhere with that number to find it cheaper. There not cheap, but not out of reason at roughly $60 US. Good luck.
https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/ho...-cb500f/mirror

To ride or not to ride? What a stupid question!... Anon
airhead83 is offline  
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 11:37 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: wirral uk
Posts: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by airhead83 View Post
You may find a way to tighten the mirror, if not a new one may be the only fix. In case you want to stay OEM..
I have a link to a 2017 500F's parts schematic for mirrors. Not sure what year you have, (change the year if you like). The Honda parts numbers are listed, you may be able to search elsewhere with that number to find it cheaper. There not cheap, but not out of reason at roughly $60 US. Good luck.
https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/ho...-cb500f/mirror



Thank you.


Plasma1
airhead83 likes this.
Plasma1 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome