New tires recommendation - Page 4 - Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums
 20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 10:26 AM

I don't think that they make an exact fit, but when I need a new tire, I am going with Michelins. Pilot Actives are what I've had on 2 previous bikes and they are pretty inexpensive and they work GREAT for normal street & touring riding.

bambams likes this.

"The difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't change every time congress meets." - Will Rogers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-20-2019, 08:33 AM

Hey...original poster has no doubt been reshod...i hope he got the michelin fives!....just had one put on the rear two days ago and im astounded!.....incredibly positive improvement over the dunlops it came with...the front will be on in a week and i cant wait....happy riding
post #33 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-20-2019, 12:44 PM

My Metzeler Roadtec 01 tires have now done 6000 miles, still say the best tires I have had in 50 years of biking.

Plasma1.

post #34 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Hey...original poster has no doubt been reshod...i hope he got the michelin fives!....just had one put on the rear two days ago and im astounded!.....incredibly positive improvement over the dunlops it came with...the front will be on in a week and i cant wait....happy riding
I don't think that they make the exact size, but when I need new tires, I am going with the closest size that Michelin Pilot Activ has to offer.

I had them on my BMW and they were GREAT!

"The difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't change every time congress meets." - Will Rogers
post #35 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-23-2019, 08:13 PM

The michelin road fives are available in recommended sizes for my 2016 cbr500...in australia
post #36 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
The michelin road fives are available in recommended sizes for my 2016 cbr500...in australia
I think the Pilot Activs are quite a bit less expensive.

I'm a cheapie!
airhead83 likes this.

post #37 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiedmontBuckeye View Post
I think the Pilot Activs are quite a bit less expensive.

I'm a cheapie!
Sometimes cheaper is smarter. I'm not willing to buy more complex and expensive tires than my bike and I are capable of utilizing. Actually, I've never been talented enough to get the full capacity out of my bikes. But that's my point. Why should I spend the money on a racing compound when I should concentrate on safety, longevity, and price?

To ride or not to ride? What a stupid question!... Anon
post #38 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 11:11 AM

[QUOTE=airhead83;930930]Sometimes cheaper is smarter. I'm not willing to buy more complex and expensive tires than my bike and I are capable of utilizing. Actually, I've never been talented enough to get the full capacity out of my bikes. But that's my point. Why should I spend the money on a racing compound when I should concentrate on safety, longevity, and price? /QUOTE]

I understand that the more expensive tires have dual rubber compounds, and other stuff, but on the street (I ride moderately, but I LOVE to corner hard!) I just have never had a problem. And the Michelin Pilot Activ's were one of the cheapest out there, so I doubted them. BUT, when I got them, they were GREAT and on the parallel rain grooves, I had ZERO wobbliness - which I have had with every other tire I have owned.

The only other tire I had in my lifetime that was really good was back in the late '60's, I purchased an Avon. Stickiest tire I ever had.

But these Michelin's fit the bill: not expensive, brand name with close tolerances, very sticky, don't "wander" on grooves, and best of all - they last a LONG time!
airhead83 likes this.

post #39 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 10:04 AM

Dunlop roadsmart 3

post #40 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 06:26 PM

Never a Dunlop again!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page