Noise from fairing - Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Phobos718

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-26-2018, 08:23 PM Thread Starter

Noise from fairing

Hi folks,

Ive just bought a new 2018 Honda CBR500RA in April . Absolutey love it ! However, it has suddenly developed a noise from the front somewhere in the fairing , like a deep BRRRR at certain RPMs, it is definately coming from the fairing but be damned if I van find what it is. Driving me insane ! Anyone else had similar ?????

The whole secret of life is to be interested in one thing profoundly and in a thousand things well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-27-2018, 12:54 AM

check all the locking pins,
one of them could be loose.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 10:36 AM

Same bike, same issue

Hi,
I Have the same bike, same year and the same issue that you have described. I'll have a look at it this weekend as it is starting to get quite annoying. Please let me know if you have since managed to find the root of the issue.

Thanks,

Erik
Abledog likes this.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abledog View Post
Hi folks,

Ive just bought a new 2018 Honda CBR500RA in April . Absolutey love it ! However, it has suddenly developed a noise from the front somewhere in the fairing , like a deep BRRRR at certain RPMs, it is definately coming from the fairing but be damned if I van find what it is. Driving me insane ! Anyone else had similar ?????
Hi,
I Have the same bike, same year and the same issue that you have described. I'll have a look at it this weekend as it is starting to get quite annoying. Please let me know if you have since managed to find the root of the issue.

Thanks,

Erik
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 12:52 AM

I have experienced the same issue. It seems to be coming from the front unit that displays speed etc. I have found that removing the windshield and putting duct tape over the side pieces that slot into the fairing helps to reduce the vibration as some of it is transferred to the windshield. Also try tightening the windshield screws helps a bit.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 01:41 AM

I have 2014 500r and it made a similar noise right off the show room floor at around 35-40 mph. Drove me crazy! Against my technician husbands better judgment I took it in and they pretty much told me to buy a new helmet so I didn't hear it. Anyone pin point the noise?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 10:27 PM

This is a common problem with this gen of 500r. I got this on my bike too as it runs from 5000 to 6000rpm, the fairing begin to buzz but the rest of the rpm range seems fine. This buzz seems to go away if you change the windshield. I got a 20$ windshield from ebay and the buzzing gone. Hope this helps.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page